Mary Lee [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Mary Lee

Swalt
11-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Looks like one of the Great Whites from up where most of you guys are got tired of eating seals and has visited an area I fish down in Charleston SC. It is hard for me to believe that it is not a bad ping they got so far up that creek. I have been there and at low tide there is not more than a few feet of water.

http://sharks-ocearch.verite.com/

Click on the orange icon near the South Carolina/Georgia boarder.

GMflyfish
11-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi Walt,
I never thought there would be a web site for tracking sharks. Amazing.
I guess you had quite an eventful trip to Greater Inagua, what with hurricanes and such. Glad you got in some fishing, and the tarpon part sounded great. Lots of fish for a ten weight.
Have you been there in the springtime, or only in fall? Do you go through Nassau to get there?
GMflyfish.

Swalt
11-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi Walt,
I never thought there would be a web site for tracking sharks. Amazing.
I guess you had quite an eventful trip to Greater Inagua, what with hurricanes and such. Glad you got in some fishing, and the tarpon part sounded great. Lots of fish for a ten weight.
Have you been there in the springtime, or only in fall? Do you go through Nassau to get there?
GMflyfish.

Gary,
I have not fished there in the spring. I went one February and a cold front got us. Fishing was not good. You have to over night in Nassau just as you do to fly to Acklins.
Walt