Fly Fishing Forum banner

Long key bonefish camping trip this september!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
I'm heading down with my dad in late September for a week of bonefish camping at Long key state park for my birthday present!! --127-3- needless to say I'm super stoked!! it's been well over a decade since I last went Bonefishing! The idea of waking up in a hammock to the sounds of exotic birds, the spicy aroma of tropical flora & fauna just steps from big 7-8lb bones tailing right against the beach....awesome

I originally planned to go to Bahia Honda but it got booked out in the blink of an eye(lucky me) with only a few primitive camping sites remaining. So, I decided to look into Long Key sp and am I glad I found this un pressured jewel. It's twice the size of Bahia Honda sp, has a interior tidal lagoon, a bight, a botanical wildlife forest and extensive and diverse Atlantic side flats. The flats here are a little different. they are not the pure white sand flats but more of a darker creme/khaki/goldish with a mixture of turtle grass, sand, mangrove shoots, coral and marl from what I've read....Sweeet!! The best part is we will have the whole park to ourselves, literally just me, my dad and the park ranger.

If any locals or campers interested in meeting up for some bonefishing or even just dropping by for campfire cookout, margaritas and some conversation feel free.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.