RIPPIN RYDAH!!!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: RIPPIN RYDAH!!!!!

juro
10-13-2000, 01:49 PM
Just made arrangements for a special follow-up to the big girl bar appetizer -

$10 round trip to the opposite tip of the rip trip... (huh?)

North end of South Monomoy Island where BobP and I found very willing, very fat and very strong fish consistently in an ultra scenic and productive area - not to mention the flats to the west. You could also walk down the beach to find outer beach deluxe on the east shore of South Monomoy.

The caveat - <sing gilligan!> it's a three hour tour, a three (pause) hour (pause) tour... We leave at 10am and return after his last run at 1pm. This is the top of the incoming tide. There will be a strong current flowing, and the fish will be fiesty as could be. I suspect there will be some big fish there... but I am the indellible optimist.

It's a short outing but the start time is perfect... after the low at the light... thru the top of the incoming and but a mile away!

jared
10-13-2000, 02:15 PM
Juro --

pardon my ignorance (i assume that the "big girl bar" is not a libation spot)...is
there a specific day associated with this adventure??

thanks!

jared
(you can reply via email if you'd rather)

juro
10-13-2000, 02:34 PM
Libation... well it is and it isn't http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif We have caught a number of very large 'cows' prompting John Marrotta to name the locale "big girl bar". At least three were over 40", one 43", two 42+"; not to mention two 36" for me and a lost fish the weekend before all the madness that I estimate in the low 40's as well. The day following the 40 plus club I landed another 35-36" at the same time as Bigcat and TerryW - a triple legal from shore on flies. Hence the name.

Yes, sorry - I am talking about tomorrow, Saturday Oct. 14 pre-dawn thru low tide on the Chatham beachfront. If you are in, just say so and we'll fill you in.

i'm so outta here
10-13-2000, 06:10 PM
Man, I wish I could.... but it ain't gonna happen. I need to be home by noon.

Hope you guys get to go.... perhaps canvas a few people on the point to make quorum??

Tod D
10-13-2000, 06:55 PM
Juro
That sure is tempting, but I've probably have to head for home around 10 am...

I've revised my arrival time (in Chatham) based upon a favorable looking moon. I'm aiming for a circa 4 a.m. arrival if anyone's looking for company. I'll be in a green Subaru Forester & wearing a tan CCA cap.

juro
10-16-2000, 11:26 AM
For the record - due to mixups we ended up sampling South beach between tides at Chatham and Brewster. Nothing going on inside, outside looked incredible but nothing doing there but hordes of seals.

Looking south to the inlet, there were boats congregated and at least a dozen people who had made the walk over miles of soft sand to get there. I am sure there was something significant going on down there...