Keeping the lights on! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Keeping the lights on!

juro
05-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Without a steady means of financial support we are constantly at risk of not meeting the bills and losing this resource.

For over 10 years the Forum has survived all kinds of challenges and sponsors and members have stepped up but it gets increasingly harder to keep up the effort as it is not free.

So in a measure to keep things going I am currently offering either:

1) a full day guided trip in Chatham/Brewster/Orleans area of Cape Cod for 2 anglers at a discounted rate of $350.

2) Spey casting lesson, river location within 50 miles of Chatham or Boston, gear provided

All proceeds go to keeping the Forum running.

Meanwhile I've contacted sponsors to renew and people are always able to help by using the "donate" button above.

Our actions speak louder than words so the fate of the Forum is really in our own hands.

thanks in advance for your consideration

Eric
05-19-2012, 02:34 PM
I never can get the "Donate" button to do anything but deliver a blank screen. Using Firefox 12.0, Windows XP

woodtac
05-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Juro,

Sign me up for the day of fishing for the $350--I'd love to get down to the Cape to have a day of it with you. I have been away from the forum for quite a while, and even away from fishing for too long due to the press of work, but you have created a wonderful resource here and it would be a shame to see it fade away.

Tom

boatdrinks
05-22-2012, 07:49 AM
yeah it doesn't work for me either

juro
05-22-2012, 08:02 AM
OK thanks guys I will take a look at the link shortly.

Tom - thank you, I will put the overdue server bill on my CC and follow-up with you. I would suggest the second moon tide in June - best of the year, weather permitting, and we will re-schedule until we get the bluebird day when sight fishing comes into it's own. Are you going to bring your son?