Fly Fishing on which Boston Island? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fly Fishing on which Boston Island?

Tajue17
04-28-2012, 09:38 AM
I want to do something I always thought about and thats take a ferry out to one of the Boston islands from Quincy, bring a lunch maybe a packable sun tent for a mid day nap with a packed day pack and fly fish the entire coast line if possible maybe staying for the entire tidal change, even if its not the best spot that holds fish I don't care I want to hunt for them. so what island could I do this at thats not all fenced up or has the most access? I went on the boston islands website and seen nothing for fishing (everything but) and I wrote them but havent heard back.

mccaff
04-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Peddocks for the fishing and Lovell's for the view (fishing isnt bad). North end of Peddocks is great, aka Hull Gut. Fast moving tides and plenty of open area.

Check the Boston Harbor island site for info on what's open and closed. I have camped out on the islands and fished, it's a great experience. Campsites are plentiful but you need to reserve them.

juro
04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
hmmm sounds like this would be a great new summer event...

JonC
05-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Jack Gartside's guide to Boston Harbor covers the islands and is still available on his eponymous site.
JC

BigDave
05-11-2012, 08:00 AM
I camped at Peddocks one time and had great fishing at daybreak right near the campsite. I explored and fished all around the island...lots of fun!