RI South Coast [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: RI South Coast

artb
09-22-2000, 09:16 PM
Caught 1 False Albacore at the softside of Quonny. Sent a story about it and I got "You forgot your nickname" I t appears to happen if I get long winded and try to give information. I won't put a report about the areas I went to on another board.

juro
09-22-2000, 09:47 PM
Art -

Congrats on the albie, glad to see you're back on 'em again.

I am really sorry to hear about these problems. That error message usually means your internet connection was lost during the message. I've gotten it too when I used NetZero (free ISP) because they will suddenly drop the internet connection or it will time out from idle time (they consider it idle while we are typing in words because they only count traffic to/from the net).

Who is your ISP?

In the future, you might type it somewhere like Notepad, Works, Word, or even email... then copy and paste all the words into this message box. That will cut the time to get the message into the box down to a couple of seconds, when it appears you do not have problems posting.

So are the tunoids running wild on the Rhody shore by now?

artb
09-23-2000, 05:48 AM
Juro, My provider is fastdial.net It happened again this mornig, I tried giving a report and it again asked for my nickname. There has been F/A's along the RI south coast for 2 weeks. It should be good come Oct 21 &22, is it still on? I will try to get 2 boats if boats are wanted, or is it going to be strictly from the shore? I would send e-mail, but you must get a lot of it as I don't hear when I do. I don't mind posting , but I guess I am not computer savy, rather be fishing.

i'm so outta here
09-23-2000, 07:01 AM
Art - first off, thanks for the report! I'd rather be fishing, too :) Picked up a near legal this morning near Mass Maratime Academy.

I've found it doesn't complain about my nickname if I check off the little box next to "Remember my password" -- you see this just below the place where you enter your password. Without doing this, and after a set amount of time, what's called a cookie -- a small chunk of informatuion that is temporarily stored in your computer's memory -- expires and your post cannot go through.

Checking the Remember box forces the page to store a key within the posting form itself that unlocks your account when you submit it even if your connection has been dropped or you've become "long winded" http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif

Hope this helps.

TL,

Al

artb
09-23-2000, 07:32 AM
Thanks Al for the info. Yes things are looking up on the South Shore of RI. I didn't mention it before, but it appeared that there was Albacore in with the False Albacore as they were much larger, maybe 15 to 20 lbs. I am trying this post on my other computer with a different provider.

juro
09-25-2000, 11:31 AM
Did I hear what I thought I heard? 15-20 lb albies???

WOW! Can you imagine on a fly rod...

Art, I'd be anxious to hear any updates on the situation.

We will begin planning for Rhodyfest immediately. Art, thanks for your reports and we will be talking a lot over the next few weeks to pull this together.

thanks in advance, and email me with your phone # at either juro@flyfishingforum.com, jmukai@lycos.com I think it might be easier to talk on the phone.

thanks!

Juro

grego
09-25-2000, 12:02 PM
Art,
Thanks for the reports & glad to hear you're back on the water. I have 10/21-10/22 pencilled in for RI, we'll see what develops. Regards, GregO.