Changes to Quebec Salmon Reg's [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Changes to Quebec Salmon Reg's

Salar-1
01-18-2012, 08:21 AM
In the interest of Atlantic salmon preservation in Quebec and being that most countries are rapidly moving towards Catch and Release I am asking any or all of you to send this letter to Michel Jean of the FQSA
. mjean@saumon-fqsa.qc.ca
A file @ FQSA has already been been opened . Yvon Côté, président FQSA has mentioned that it would need a massive support asking to change the reg's for the FQSA to open a dossier to make the recommendations to the Quebec Government
I kindly ask you to read the below and if you agree please send the request by email off to Michel Jean Please change according to your personal situation however IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO INCLUDE EACH OF THE SCENARIOS as there is a number of FQSA management that are opposed to ANY change or reduction to the 7 tags.
Thanks for any support
Brian

----------------------------------------

As a Québec Salmon fisherman or interested person ,I ask that the following sentence in the fishing quota and length limits section of the general regulations /Salmon Sportsfishing regulations be changed from

"The seasonal sportfishing limit for salmon caught and kept in Québec is seven. "

To either

The seasonal sportfishing limit for salmon caught and kept in Québec is seven males with no retention of females.

or

The seasonal sportfishing limit for salmon caught and kept in Québec is seven Grilse with no retention of of adult salmon.

or

The seasonal sportfishing limit for salmon caught and kept in Québec is non IE: complete catch and release

Or

The seasonal sportfishing limit for salmon caught and kept in Québec is one adult salmon and 6 Grilse.
respectfully yours ___________________________
email __________________________________
----------------------------------------------------