Pineapple Air [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Pineapple Air

JTWG
01-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Any of you guys had any experience with Pineapple Air? I might have a trip coming up and thinking of taking them to Long Island, Bahamas from Nassau.

acklinsboy
01-09-2012, 08:51 PM
I've found pineapple air to be reliable!!!

flatsfisher
01-10-2012, 08:18 AM
I've flown them several times both to Long Island and also Acklins.Flights were always on time. Planes are alittle more cramped than Bahamas Air try to be at the front of the line so you can stow your carryon in the storage area up front.

Charlie

JTWG
01-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys. Any tips for changing airlines in Nassau? I've always carried on my fly gear flying from the states. I usually fish Grand Bahamas but am thinking of trying a trip to Long Island. I would fly US Air to Nassau and then buy a ticket on Pineapple.

flatsfisher
01-11-2012, 10:24 AM
You should'nt have any problems with your
gear going thru Nassau to the "out islands" , only problem I've had was coming back to the States thru Nassau. I don't know if their security has changed its policies but I still check my lines,flies etc. Leave enough time between connections its a pretty good hike from the new terminal to Pineapple. They're still using the old Immigration and Customs facilities as of Dec.

What are you looking at on Long Island, DIY or guided?

Charlie

Vince
01-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Pineapples air is good!

JTWG
01-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the tips. I'm headed to Long Island and am going to do a little bit of guided and DIY. One last question, how does Pineapple compare to Southern Air? Anyone have any fly recommendations for the Out Islands or other tips to pass along?

Vince
01-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Pineapple air's planes are much newer--at least the ones that I have been on.

Bunny gotchas, and soem with rubber legs too.

Where are you staying on LI?

JTWG
01-23-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm going with a group of guys and I believe it's a place called the Long Island Bonefish Club. I'm not sure that's it's officially open yet.

flatsfisher
01-24-2012, 07:49 AM
I think that that is the new name of Pinky Nevile's "Lazy Hour Lodge" in Deadmans Cay. I've met him a couple of times on previous trips.Great location and nice looking lodge. I understand that he's adding the DIY factor with dropoff now. You can google Lazy Hour Bonefish to see it.

Charlie

JTWG
01-24-2012, 08:39 PM
thanks for the tip Charlie. I think that is the place. Any fly recommendations for that part of the world?

flatsfisher
01-25-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm partial to Bunny Bones, Becks Silli legs, Gotchas, Bunny Gotchas. Keep them light we fished in a lot of skinny water there. There's not much tidal influence in the Deadmans area, at least in the area we got to.

Charlie