Wadefishing for Florida Redfish and other species on the fly [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Wadefishing for Florida Redfish and other species on the fly

NeilC
01-09-2012, 04:11 PM
A friend and I from the UK have fly fished the Cape for our annual trip for a week for the last 6 years - it's either us getting worse or fewer and fewer baitfish and Stripers around so sadly we're looking at considering an alternative USA venue ( we love your attitude to fishing and friendliness). We will definitely return to the Cape, but maybe not this year.

Looking at Redfish, tarpon (baby) snook spotted trout jacks etc - thinking of Florida - maybe Mosquito Lagoon / India river but very early ideas.

Don't know when but maybe as soon as late April 2012 trip.

We would love to wade fish like we do off the flats on the Cape around Barnstaple / Brewster and know a guide for a day or two to get us going would be good but also need to keep the budget reasonable, so will need most of the week to be DIY.

We're happy to walk fair trecks for our fish and chase at whatever time of day / night is needed but like an area offering various options ( like the Cape) and most importantly this trip various species ( in case the target one isn't there or feeding ) so we have options unlike the Cape! We both have reasonable experience fly casting in the (cold) salt waters.

Any help with suggestions for venues, species, areas to consider as a base etc would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks, Neil

teflon_jones
01-22-2012, 03:02 PM
I posted some links to areas I used to fish in/around Miami that you should take a look at for DIY options.

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=28953