No place like Hoh for the Holidays... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: No place like Hoh for the Holidays...

Moonlight
12-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Never have I had this many days of fishing time in Glaicial Rivers in December.:cool: I must confess the catching has not been all that hot shot, but if you keep floggin the water..... hurrah.

juro
12-22-2011, 07:32 AM
My mind has been wandering to the other side of the sound a lot lately... not to mention the other 3,000 miles between this chair and the sound! :)

I'm really looking forward to my late winter visit to the OP!

Moonlight
12-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Time for the annual " and it rained and it rained and it rained" post! So in the New Year it will be fishing again.

Eric
12-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Yup. We got soaked the last couple of days here, and there's more coming.

Anyway, the fish have an escalator now.

Cheers,

Eric

OC
12-30-2011, 05:49 PM
I'll take two sugars with my coffee and cream here on the Hood. Flowing fast but not overly high for all the rain. Cooler weather soon and snow down to 1000 feet river should come in to shape fast and the coffee and cream will turn into a good cold white table wine. I bet there will be a couple hundred fish coming in now, just will have to find them when the river clears up enough to fish. If river clears fast should find fish in first 3 miles of river.
Hope the OP cleans up for all you hard core swingers.

juro
12-31-2011, 09:11 AM
My luck's been pretty good lately if the rabbit's foot holds up I should be strolling into town just as the big nates come in and the rivers drop, weather warms up! Oops I may have just jinxed myself...

Moonlight
12-31-2011, 11:50 AM
I am headed out to camp today might be able to hike in the snow at the end of the road. Great place to spend New Years Eve. Best fishes in the New Year :smile:

OC
01-02-2012, 08:12 PM
River down here is back in perfect shape. Many fish in from the Columbia and I will be out 1.23756 hours before daylight just to make sure I get first run through. I'll be on the run casting, running, casting, running till I find them.
Tracy and I went snow shoeing today up on the hill,(mt hood) about five feet of snow not much yet, down here we have lettuce growing in the cold frame. Just 35 minute drive makes all the difference in the world out here in gods country.

OC
01-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Fishing is good here.

OC
01-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Holidays are over and it is ice city here in the Hood. 6 inches of snow and 3 inches of ice. River way up and will be that way for the next two weeks from what I can see on the pacific horizon.

Eric
02-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi,

I'm going to give it a shot Friday on a wonderful, little fished river near home. The stream has a late run of "wild" fish and lots of driftable water accessible from the bank.

Can't wait. It's been cold, wet and windy the past several days. Stream should be in great shape.

Petri heil, as someone once said

Eric

Moonlight
03-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Things are looking up as they often do this time of year!:hihi: