Tulume [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Tulume

LeeG
10-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Anybody done any fishing down there? I know I can hire a guide and they will come and pick me up. Any possibilities of DIY action? Not sure how smart that is, though people say the area is safe. Tulum is supposed to be a nice area.

Thanks.

PescaMexicana
11-05-2011, 06:56 PM
There is marginal fishing around the Boca Paila bridge. You can also walk the surf in that area. If you have a car, leave it on the north side of the bridge. If you plan on walking the mangroves on the west side of the bridge be sure you watch for Crocs. If you do opt for a guide, I suggest you contact Ricky at the Boca Paila Lodge. His family owns the lodge and they are reputable. They do not normally do day trips but this is the slow season.

LeeG
11-07-2011, 04:12 PM
The "Watch out for crocs" doesn't sound too inviting. That wasn't the type of danger I had in mind. I hadn't heard too much about DIY opportunities. The dates of the trip changed though and I will be there in April instead. A guide is a possibility though I will have just spent a week fishing about 10 days before this trip so the itch might be scratched by then!

Where are you in relation to Tulum?

Lee

PescaMexicana
11-15-2011, 07:37 PM
If you are asking where I live...half way between Cancun and Playa del Carmen.

Tim D
11-16-2011, 11:06 AM
I know Pesca Maya does day trips. I wouldn't suggest trying DIY in the area.