12 Wt. Rod & Reels, never used [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 12 Wt. Rod & Reels, never used

flyflicker
10-22-2011, 07:25 PM
I have a brand new, never used, 12 wt rod and 2 reels that I purchased a while back to try my hand at LARGE inshore fish around Palm Beach. I don't believe I ever even dry cast the outfit, but for sure it's never been wet. I do not have the original boxes or packaging, but one look will assuredly support the claimed condition.

The Rod: TFO TiCr, Lefty Kreh Signature series 9'-0", 4 piece with fighting butt. I also have the nylon covered travel tube case.
Reel 1: Teton, Tioga (classic), 12 weight, machined barstock Alum with Delrin Drag. Included is a Simms neoprene case.
Reel 2: Redington AL 11/12 (large Arbor), with case

I loaded the reels with gel-spun backing with a full sinking line on the Tioga and a tropical clear intermediate line on the Redington.

I want to sell these as a set and will let them go for less that 1/2 of the original cost.
If interested, I have some pics for your viewing pleasure.
Please PM me and we will talk.

Bill

flyflicker
10-23-2011, 10:02 AM
I want to add that although I want to sell all as a set, I will break it up if someone wants a deal on the individual pieces.
Make me a reasonable offer or PM me to discuss pricing.

Bill

flyflicker
11-03-2011, 12:09 PM
I paid about $250 for the rod, plus the padded cordura over pvc case which was about $35. The rod has NEVER been fished or even wet. I believe I only cast it on the lawn one or two times. No scratches or marks.
I am willing to sell for $125 OBO... PM me or email william@nycap.rr.com.

flyflicker
11-28-2011, 01:21 PM
So what is the reason no one is interested in this equipment. It's all brand new condition, never used and is a great deal.
I will accept offers for all or part. I have no reason to let it all just hang around and go to waste. Someone must at least need backup gear.

LeeG
12-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I sent you an email and did not hear back. Let me know if you still have them, I may be interested.

Lee

flyflicker
12-26-2011, 04:10 PM
I PM'd you Lee

flyflicker
02-13-2012, 12:25 PM
The Rod and Redington Reel are sold.
The Teton Tioga reel with new full sinking line and 35# backing is still available.

flyflicker
03-08-2012, 04:08 PM
The 12 weight Teton Tioga is still for sale. I am asking $100 for the reel, line and backing along with a neoprene case. Everything is new and never used.

Bill