hurricane impact on fishing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: hurricane impact on fishing

boatdrinks
08-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Usually there's pretty good fishing right before a big storm like this. It sounds like a lot of the fish are off shore at the moment so I'm wondering if they'll just hang out there and maintain the staus quo or move even further off then come back in.

Dble Haul
08-26-2011, 09:33 PM
I have to say that I was able to steal an entire tide cycle worth of wade sight fishing today. It was definitely worth the trouble, several fish caught and a few keepers, most fish in less than 18 inches of water. They were behaving like bonefishing, tailing and all.

Fly pattern was secondary to presentation, per the usual credo. :smokin:

boatdrinks
08-27-2011, 07:17 PM
very cool!

boatdrinks
09-01-2011, 09:01 AM
has anyone heard if that big pile of bass off of the new break is still the way it was last week?

juro
09-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Yep - I spoke to a charter captn at the fish dock two days ago and although tuna was a long run the bass were right out front

boatdrinks
09-01-2011, 09:45 AM
that's good to hear. I was kind of hoping the hurricane would somehow put more fish in the rips but if that's where they are, that's where I will go.

Tajue17
09-01-2011, 01:06 PM
I fished the heck out of the Plymouth beach area all the way out to the point and both the inlet side and the browns bank side before the hurricane friday afternoon and even yesterday till the tide was out 4hrs,,, other than a dead filleted 38" striper on the gravel that I think was caught the night before I haven't seen nothing :Eyecrazy: I have my binos and always glassing for bird action and I'm seeing Nothing!

I'm hearing some amazing Eel vs BIG fish stories from my chunk friends..

is there a certain time you guys are seeing the best action before the storm (low tide Vs High tide) and what about avoid the beaches and hit the drops instead?

arrgghhh...