Beulah demo...thanks Juro [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Beulah demo...thanks Juro

waterworker
08-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Just wanted to thank you for your time and knowledge at the demo.Good stuff.I'm sold.Next stop Bear's Den.I want to make candy canes.Thanks again.

juro
08-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Haha - honor was mine.

I figure you can get all the 'conventional' nomenclature and tutelage by rote from books and DVDs on Amazon and the web - where sometimes a goofy mnemonic will stick like glue.

Tajue17
08-07-2011, 02:12 PM
thanks from me too! it was cool seeing you demonstrate that two handed rod.. I still can't even come close to doing a regular overhead cast which keeps me from getting one right now but maybe soon after trying the lighter 7/8 weight Eric had.

PEC54
08-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Sorry I missed this one ,family showed up shortly before I planned on leaving,couldn't just say thanks for dropping in gutta go.:devil: Hopefully I'll make the next one.

Penguin
08-09-2011, 08:15 AM
and the line becomes an extension of your will...
Juro made the process appear seamless... :Eyecrazy:
Calculated efficient application of physics yields seemingly effortless results...
VOODOO magic !? :whoa:
I've been bonding with my Beulah 8-9 Surf Rod all season...
NO regrets and NO going back! :D

waterworker
08-09-2011, 11:33 AM
I am still admiring the snake roll cast.Really liked that.

juro
08-09-2011, 02:27 PM
We should start a Spey for striper outing say maybe once a month or so. There are several locales where the swing is the thing and Spey would be the way (given the right tides and time of season).

Now that I think of it, outgoing tides where hardtails are popping would be great for Spey fishing and that is coming right up...

waterworker
08-10-2011, 07:07 AM
yes yes yes