Fly Fishing Forum banner

CND Oceana CNF-1109 11'1" 9/10 2 Hand Flyrod

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MarkNY 
#1 ·
i have for sale a CND 11'1" 9/10 wt 2 handed fly rod. the rod is in mint condition and comes with sock and deluxe tube. ive used this rod on two trips for overhand casting to stripers and swinging flies for kings. lots of different uses, the rod is sweet. $300 plus $15 shipping takes it. Paypal or money order. PM me or email to markv1975@yahoo.com thanks alot, mark

See less See more
#5 ·
Gunner

I have this rod and am using the Airflo 40+beach line, intermediate, in the 11/12 weight, at 530 grains. Got the line from UK as I could not find it here in US. I do not profess to be anything more than an advanced beginner in the casting department but am consistently throwing 90 to 110', side - downwind an 70-80' into a breeze.

Pete R

#6 ·
lines

gunner said:
If you overhead cast this for stripers, what line did you have on the rod? What kind of distance are we talking? Thanks.
i used a rio outbound 11 F/I sinking line and a saltwater triangle taper 10wt floater. i only fished it in salwater a couple times but it was easy to get a long line out there after a little practice. even better was the wind wasnt as much of an issue with the 2 hander. best, mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.