Fly Fishing Fireworks? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fly Fishing Fireworks?

juro
06-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Curious what people around the US have planned for the holiday weekend? And if you're not celebrating independence day, take a day off and fish! :)

OC
06-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Tracy and I are going mushroom hunting. If you had not mentioned it I honestly would not have known we were in July. Are we in July? When is the 4th?

Paxton
07-01-2011, 07:31 AM
My wife and I plan on trimming 200 linear feet of 8 ft tall hedges that should have been done by now, but delayed due to the monsoons we have had. Exciting or what? Anyone interested in helping (in the true American and Holiday spirit) pick up the cuttings...please write. :hihi:
I know it is not as exciting as mushroom hunting (OC, I used to enjoy doing that with my grand-father when I was a boy)....but....sometimes reality hits and playing must come to a halt.
Adulthoood and the responsibilities that go with it... sometimes stinks!
Juro...sorry you asked? :chuckle:

Ron

OC
07-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Paxton,
Like not knowing that we are entering July, I also have no idea what adult hood is.
So as much as Tracy and I would love to come over to your place and pick up shrubbery I think we do not, anyway I do not qualify for such adult activities. But thanks for the invite, Juro will come.:hihi:

FredA
07-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Well I'm on the Cape thinking maybe it would be nice to be elsewhere. Fishings been spotty and the yahoo tourists are already showing up. Spent this past week turning 15 minute chores (says so on the box, they don't factor in 30 year old plumbing) into 8 hour expletive deleted laced ordeals. Last year I swore off taking the week of the 4th but the daughter was going to be up so here I am for another 4th week.

OC
07-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Dang Fred you guys should have come and hung out with us up on the farm. I'll be making lots of crossover drinks the next three days. And then there is always the mushrooms with no where to go. Did I say go? Temp in the low 80's all week and dry. River did turn green yesterday but fun to look at. Everyone have a great 4th.
OC

FredA
07-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Funny you should mention that (a trip west). Went down for the slack and flood this morning. Expected to have the place to myself but there were 4 vehicles parked at my spot. Creek had about 8 people so I bided my time along beach waiting for the flood to get going. Started tossing 4th alternatives in my head and lo and behold one was to go see that farm. Those mushrooms, they the ones that enhance the colors?

Paxton
07-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Update from my last post..my wife and I finished the last 200 ft of hedges........I was surprised that no one showed up the enjoy the experience :chuckle:
Blankin yard is finally done! That was the last of it.
Time to fish...but at this point...my arms feel like they each weight 50 lbs.

Hope those who went fishing today, had a great time and even better results.
Ron

OC
07-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Fred, What colors do you want to enhance? We have mushrooms that make one fish bigger and one fish not at all* Tracy and I did hike yesterday up Mt Hood to the snow line, 80, sunny, and no wind on the mountain. No mushrooms though too dry up there, dust on the trail right up to where the snow starts. By the way snow is 3 ft deep right where it starts and just gets deeper the higher up you get. Lots of half naked skiers hiking up trails to get up on the snow. Today is Sunday we will hang out at the house and kill gophers, tomorrow we will go to parade, BBQ then fireworks. We have never been so tame but thought we would try it and see if it fits our older age.
Glad Paxton got his yard work done, hope he does not get Poison Ivy.
Happy 4th to all.