Great little lanyard knife [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Great little lanyard knife

juro
06-20-2011, 10:34 AM
I've had one of these for a few years now and am duly impressed. I bought it on a whim but it's been pretty amazing. I've used (abused) it as a can opener, fish gutter, rope cutter, screwdriver, left it unwashed after a saltwater bath and it only needed some noxon to remove the surface rust with no pitting whatsoever. I think I hit the tip with a diamond hone twice in it's lifetime.

For $16 bucks I just ordered another one, not that I need it but just in case they stop making it!

http://www.jaysknives.com/coldsteelfixed/superedge.jpg

FLGator
06-20-2011, 11:57 AM
That's a nice looking and handy design. Sounds like it's held up as well. Another option for lanyard carry is River City Sheaths. I'm only familiar with their Whitewater Series (with CRKT Bear Claw knife), but they can make anything and their workmanship and quality is first class.

PopnesetBay
06-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey, Juro, hey you head me in the direction of that knife for $16 ? Googled it and was quoted $26 plus shipping from mfgr. Local or internet?
Thanks
Pete R

juro
06-20-2011, 08:09 PM
I found that price on Amazon. Also depending on your account status you might get free shipping. Let me know if you can't find it and I will PM you a link.