10 Days on the Cape [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 10 Days on the Cape

JonC
06-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Last Sunday I returned from my annual spring striper trip, which was, as always, memorable and rejuvenating, physically tiring, but like a long training interval gets me into shape for the rest of the season. Fishing was at times great and then also disappointing because the fish just aren't around in the numbers that we saw a few years ago.
Meeting new people was the highlight, Juro on Hardings Beach, a day with Paxton doing NM and Nauset Marsh, and a day with the notorious man from the UK, Mike Oliver. In addition there was Peter Patricelli and his crew and a few others where the intros were less than formal, but that's OK.
Since sight fishing is what I like to do, it was gratifying that almost all the fish I caught were sighted, and there just isn't anything better than a nice big striper caught under bright sun and skies.
Jon
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/Jonrconner/6a20ad71.png

juro
06-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Nice shot - I think I know which one that was :)

Mike Oliver
06-20-2011, 04:12 AM
You take a mean picture Jon. Was there no one you did not entertain on your trip.LOL

See you on the big Ocean beaches next year if we can get the right conditions.

Mike

bruce.campo
06-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Beautiful fish Jon. You just can't beat sight fishing for stripers, can you... Just so thrilling.