Nasty one approaching... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Nasty one approaching...

juro
06-01-2011, 05:05 PM
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=NCR&rid=BOX&loop=yes

bruce.campo
06-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Oh boy - how are you guys holding up? Hope the Brits didn't bring this one with them... 6 days and counting until I'm on the road heading for the Cape...

Dble Haul
06-01-2011, 10:00 PM
We had tornado warnings throughout southern CT this afternoon, and one tornado did actually touch down and cut a swath through interstate 91 in Springfield Massachusetts.

Yikes.

starsky
06-02-2011, 03:49 AM
The last one and only previous time I have visited the States I actually paid money to go on a tour chasing severe storms/tornadoes. On my next visit in five days time I would pay money for good weather .
Hopefully it will pass over by the time we arrive and it won't affect the fishing too much for the Brits that are already in the USA.
Mark

juro
06-02-2011, 05:09 AM
As Capt. Mark mentions, it was quite a front and I don't recall having seen a light show of such intensity in the sky! BUT it was also (thankfully) narrow and deliberate and cut a thin path between Boston and Cape Cod heading east and now the birds are chirping again.

I'll wager that the Brits are hooking fish as we speak :)

starsky
06-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Glad to hear it cleared in the Cape and the birs are singing :)
It's been quite a tornado season this year with some significant severe storm events. I'm afraid this has been reflected in the number of fatalities seen:(

I