Heyyyyy.... the Fonz is a flyfisher [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Heyyyyy.... the Fonz is a flyfisher

juro
05-23-2011, 06:49 PM
http://images.betterworldbooks.com/160/I-ve-Never-Met-an-Idiot-on-the-River-Winkler-Henry-9781608870202.jpg

flydoc
05-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Saw him on an episode of "Flyfishing the World" a few years back....he was fishing for monster brown trout in New Zealand....I really liked that show.....another episode had comedian David Alan Greer catching peacock bass on the fly down on the Amazon.

Gseries69
05-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Best celebrity flyfishing story I ever heard came from a buddy of mine in upstate New York. He had a friend who was a guide and was asked to assist him for a day on the river, basically to spread guys out and keep other anglers away. They met at the Sagamore Hotel on Lake George and got a lecture about no drugs or alcohol being allowed near their client. They get ready to leave and out walks Eric Clapton. He said he was an excellent angler.

juro
05-26-2011, 04:59 AM
Awesome! Clapton rules.

Fonz is in Boston filming a tv show, friend of mine is in the cast. She was hit on by the Fonz heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:smokin:

JonC
05-26-2011, 08:06 AM
There is a story that Clapton told about how flyfishing was ultimately what got him out of his multiple addictions. He went to the stream set up his gear and then fell down because he was so blasted, e suddenly realized he couldn't even do things he enjoyed because of his condition. Can't remember where I saw it, but it was told in the first person.
Jon

saltfly
05-26-2011, 12:14 PM
There is a story that Clapton told about how flyfishing was ultimately what got him out of his multiple addictions. He went to the stream set up his gear and then fell down because he was so blasted, e suddenly realized he couldn't even do things he enjoyed because of his condition. Can't remember where I saw it, but it was told in the first person.
Jon
Read his book.....Oh Man,It's amazing he's still alive.

JonC
05-26-2011, 04:42 PM
The Clapton story, a clip from his book-
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/book_extracts/article2651492.ece
Unbelievable.
Jon

bruce.campo
05-30-2011, 06:52 AM
So Clapton went from one addition to another. Next he'll be posting PHLYES on this message board...

JonC
06-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Henry Winkler's book will come out tomorrow at #30 on the NYT bestseller list, pretty cool!
Jon