1 week later .... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 1 week later ....

jalthoff
05-09-2011, 03:37 PM
.... an even better day. Fished the same south side estuary on Cape Cod this morning as I did last Monday.

A little on the breezy side :Eyecrazy: but the fish did not care! Lost a few, but ended up with 12 of our striped friends from 16" to 30" - an absolute blast. 90% of the fish were taken dead drifting a 6" flatwing with some touches of pink and chartreuse. Most of the action was on the incoming tide, about 90 minutes after the other people fishing the same general area had all bailed out. Plenty of sea lice to go around!

Jim Miller
05-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Nice!
I like the promise of good fishing for the clave!!!

jalthoff
05-10-2011, 03:17 PM
..... but still had fun - 6 more stripers landed (to 26") and a bunch lost .... same place, same tide, same fly, same retrieve.....

Guernseybass
05-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Nice going, were you using a sinking line to get deep or were the fish on top ?

Mark

jalthoff
05-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Nice going, were you using a sinking line to get deep or were the fish on top ?

Mark

Nothing going on up top - never saw one splash or swirl. A couple of gulls around, just hanging on the beach.

Used intermediate line and got all my hits down in the water column on a dead drift, either with clousers (when tide was moving) or flat wings when the tide slowed. I'd say all action was probably within 2 or 3 feet of the bottom, but just guessing ....

Guernseybass
05-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah that is pretty much what's going on, on the bayside.

Fish were hard on the bottom on an incoming tide.

Mark