Spring Clave 2011 - RSVP [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Spring Clave 2011 - RSVP

juro
05-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Saturday dinner plans are being finalized. I will post when finalized.

RSVP here

1) Indicate which days and where you are staying if you know

2) If you wish to be on the cell phone list indicate so (will be sent privately)

3) Also indicate whether you prefer mentorship from local / veteran clavers

4) finally, indicate whether you can provide mentorship to our visitors / first timers

juro
05-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Fishing Sat and Sun

Staying in Chatham (home)

Will be on cell phone list

Always open to advice but will defer

I can provide assistance

Jim Miller
05-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Staying at the Hankie... motel (Harwich)
Arrive early Fri...depart Monday afternoon
Can be on cell list
Will listen to all advice and location of ALL local hotspots!
Will help anyone I can :D

Count me in for any festivities that involve Food, Drink .......

vtloon
05-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Ditto Jim's above, except depart Tue.

PopnesetBay
05-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Staying at Hankie Fri-Sat nites

Intend to do 'JB Basser' 2-hand mini clave on Fri at Canal(Location?/Time?)

Fish Sat (Rip Trip if Sched) otherwise Rip Ryder to fish flats

Fish Sun, end up at Mashpee cottage

Fish Mon and do late departure for NY Mon nite/Tues early AM

Will need mentoring if fishing on Flats
More than happy to have a shadow otherwise-Try 2 hander-whatever

Participate in all gatherings (Fri nite Squire?/ Sat nite dinner)

Want to be on 'cell list'.

Guernseybass
05-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Arrive Friday afternoon at the hankie, leave Sunday afternoon.

Happy to help anyone but the weather will decide where and when I fish.

update to follow on Thursday night :hihi:

juro
05-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Spoke to Captn Art Sawayer, who is in.

Also Dave Kopij is in.

Should be a great time and a proper kick-off for the 2011 season.

highway61
05-06-2011, 08:06 PM
I arrive on friday and will depart monday afternoon. It would be great to shadow and get some help on casting a 2 hander.

Steve

martinc
05-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I will be there Saturday.

Martin

sickb4st4rd
05-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Hi,

1)
Staying Friday night, Saturday night. Handkerchief Shoals.
(fishing all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

2)
I would like to be on the cell phone list, thank you

3)
Will gratefully take any mentorship from local / veteran clavers on all topics

4)
I can provide mentorship to our visitors / first timers or beginners about general striper fishing/casting etc

We had other Saturday dinner plans so will probably have to pass on the Clambake unfortunately.

Thank you!
Harold Sinclair

flydoc
05-07-2011, 08:45 PM
(1) Will be at the Canal with the spey rod on Friday, seeking TOO (targets of opportunity) on Saturday, Clambake (?) Saturday night, Brewster flats (maybe) Sunday AM, then collapsing in a heap around noon Sunday
(2) OK to be on cell list- hopefully will remember to use a WATERPROOF bag to protect same
(3) Will leach pearls of wisdom from selected gurus as I avoid stepping on the horseshoe crabs left disoriented in their wakes
(4) Will humbly offer what pearls my jaded memory can retain to nervous newbies and those with foreign accents:lildevl:

P.S.- the latter offer obviously excludes those with foreign accents whose knowledge already equals or exceeds my own- which probably means most of them.....

Dave17
05-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Yep, I'm in!

Arriving late thursday night and staying until sunday.

I'm booked in hanky.

Cell list sounds good.

Bringing a yak for the bayside.

Happy to show people around.

Psyched!

titleguy
05-09-2011, 09:50 AM
I'll be there with an assortment of freaks from Northern New England.

Fishing from Friday afternoon until Tuesday morning.

Sorry- no dinner Saturday- I will doing ribs and brisket on the smoker:hihi:

I'd like to be on the cellphone list

Happy to provide info and get whatever intel anyone wishes to share ( we will be boat fishing all over)

Is there still a rip trip planned? Never fished out there this early.

FredA
05-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Assorted homeowner projects are intruding on the fishing season but I do plan to attend the dinner, whatever that turns out to be.

Fishing may be limited for me but I'll certainly do the early am shift, probably on the bayside. Cell phone list is ok.

If the weather is cold, damp and windy out of the NNE to SE I have a nice spot down by the house that will fish up to 4 or 5 comfortably, with coffee, whiskey or beer close by.

Gseries69
05-10-2011, 04:58 PM
I plan to be at the spey clave on Friday and the BBQ. Staying at Hankie Sat night.

I'd welcome any instruction. Mostly interested in overheading with the two hander and learning some outer beach areas.

Will have kayak in tow as well for anyone interested in buddy system.

Quentin
05-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Assorted homeowner projects are intruding on the fishing season but I do plan to attend the dinner, whatever that turns out to be.

Fishing may be limited for me but I'll certainly do the early am shift, probably on the bayside. Cell phone list is ok.

If the weather is cold, damp and windy out of the NNE to SE I have a nice spot down by the house that will fish up to 4 or 5 comfortably, with coffee, whiskey or beer close by.

I'm with Fred! :biggrin:

Actually, my situation is such that I can't make long range plans for anything more than a day trip. As long as we're not expecting torrential downpours or hurricane force winds I will plan to be there Saturday as early as I can get there and will stay through dinner. If things work out then I may stay longer. So, to respond point by point:

1) Saturday at least, and hopefully through Sunday or maybe even Monday. Because it will be a last minute decision I will probably wind up staying in West Yarmouth, since there probably won't be any vacancy at Handkerchief Shoals. Sign me up for the clam bake if that turns out to be the plan.

2) Yes, please put me on the cell phone list. I'll appreciate getting any current intel from the people that fished on Friday and/or are fishing on Saturday. My phone will probably be off or in a location where I won't notice if it rings, but please leave a message if you have any good info. I will notify other people on the phone list if I stumble upon some good action.

3) I don't require any mentorship, although I can always benefit from any new knowledge and/or reinforcement of what I already know.

4) I will be happy to share whatever knowledge I posess with anyone I meet up with during my travels, however, I am nowhere near the head of the class when it comes to flyfishing for stripers.

Q

Gseries69
05-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Please include me on cell list as well. Weather depending I will be doing some early scouting around Barnstable County and would be happy to share info.

teflon_jones
05-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Looking out my window at the 8" of snow that fell overnight/this morning really makes me wish I could be there fishing instead. It's supposed to continue snowing through the day and tonight too. Gotta love the mountains!

tight-lines
05-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Joe and Lou
Staying at the hanky (Rm#9)
Arrive Late Thursday night leave Monday afternoon/evening
Put me on the cell phone list
I'd be happy to get or give any info I can (usually just trying to stay out of my own way...lol)

GMflyfish
05-12-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm planning on attending the Clave, arriving Friday, staying with Popneset Bay (Pete) at Handkerchief Shoals Friday and Saturday nights.
Would attend the Saturday evening dinner.
I could always use some instruction and tips relative to striper fishing.
No definite plans yet for Saturday, Sunday fishing. Looking forward to it; hope the weather is cooperative.
Thanks. GMflyfish

JimD
05-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Pease sign me up for two; son Jeff and myself. We will pass on the clams, but we'll make do. Staying at Hanki, so getting "home" afterwards should be easy!

fishfeetish
05-15-2011, 03:44 PM
From Friday evening to Sunday afternoon
Staying in Chatham (home)
Would like mentorship from local / veteran clavers
New at Flyfishing
thanks, Dave