Somehow... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Somehow...

FredA
05-02-2011, 08:50 AM
...the coffee tastes better, the air smells fresher and my gait seems more bouyant. And it's time to break out the striper gear to boot.

It's truly a great day.

Dble Haul
05-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Yes it is. Fish are biting, the air is warmer, and justice eventually comes to those who deserve it.

highway61
05-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Mark, I would say well deserved justice!!

Steve

vtloon
05-02-2011, 11:58 AM
My cynicism re' the "new team" politics aside, a GREAT day!

flydoc
05-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Having known one of the victims of Flight 11 during my high school days (she was a couple years my senior- a fantastic person and awesome saxophonist- helped teach sax to my younger sister, and was one of the driving forces in the school jazz band, in which I played the vibraphone- who interestingly went by the nickname "Fred"), the news was a bit bittersweet. It reminded me of a wonderful caring human being murdered senselessly by a vicious megalomaniac, for no other reason than she was an "infidel" who happened to be flying on a particular plane on a particular day. As I heard the news, I rejoiced internally, but refrained from shouting for joy out of respect for my "band buddy".

RIP, Carol "Fred" Flyzik

Adrian
05-03-2011, 12:32 AM
My old G&T drinking buddy Jeff from Cantor Fitzgerald will be resting a little easier today. Along with several others I knew but not quite as well.....