Fishing the cape location - across from Friendly's in Harwich [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fishing the cape location - across from Friendly's in Harwich

juro
04-19-2011, 08:05 AM
I stopped in to get a few bonefish flies and my favorite tippet material at the new location.

Bruce wasn't in so I didn't get to talk sponsorship but had a great talk with Dave Steeves who is running the internet side of the business while Chris runs the shop as I understand it.

http://www.mbcboats.com/fish_photos/images/tuna.jpg

Anyway, nice new location, huge.

Big hole in Chatham now though... which one of you 'millionaires' wants to invest in downtown Chatham flyshop I can run? :)

juro
04-19-2011, 08:57 AM
OK pony up John I know you got it :lildevl:

Scotch and cigars out back?

FredA
04-19-2011, 10:18 AM
I'll be lookin for (very) part time work down that way sometime in the next year or so.:D

PEC54
04-19-2011, 10:21 AM
I always thought a bar and grill/fly shop would do well in the chatham area,a place with a saltwater fishing theme,with a flyshop in the next room type of set up.Need any silent partners,well kinda silent :hihi:

juro
04-19-2011, 10:58 AM
The "Chatham Angler" may yet come to roost....

PEC54
04-19-2011, 11:24 AM
The "Chatham Angler" may yet come to roost....
That's got a catchy sound to it.:hihi: ,the place to wine,dine and restock.

juro
04-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Yes I've been carrying that name around for decades looking for a place to land. I had the domain "ChathamAngler.com" as my guiding website for many years. It's now "CapeFlyfisher.com". Also Brian (former owner of the Chatham Village Cafe) put my sandwich on the wall - left side half way down "the Angler" which was originally the Chatham Angler hehe

Most notably (or notoriously) I loaned the moniker "Chatham Angler's Club" to John when I first visited his Chatham den of angling iniquity, but it's only the interim CAC although we've all become endeared to the reference I'm sure the real Chatham Angler's Club will rise like a phoenix one day :)

PEC54
04-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Define loan Juro,any type of contracts written?You have to watch these lawyer types you know,:lildevl:they will find any loop holes or usage laws that can swing ownership of a name or phrase into the person loaning said name as the new owner.:hihi: :tsk_tsk: :devil:

juro
04-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Well I don't think there's any immediate danger of his dethronement... Afterall he is the mayor... ;)

FredA
04-19-2011, 12:24 PM
You'll need pics of colorful flyfishers for over the bar.

boatdrinks
04-19-2011, 12:36 PM
With fishing the cape moving and chatham bait and tackle closing there is definitely room in chatham for more fly/tackle shops. Combine that with scotch, coffee and cigars and I may never leave.

Dble Haul
04-19-2011, 12:51 PM
I have some fond memories of CAC. Good times...

If there is ever a Striblue sandwich, it will probably be full of local flavor, and one of the main ingredients will have to be crab. :devil: :wink:

Dble Haul
04-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Patent pending, I should hope....I remember that thread well. :smile: