Weekend [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Weekend

tight-lines
04-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Took a ride up to S.R. last weekend managed one drop back swinging a MOAL leech.
Fish seemed to be stacked up high but, so were the attitudes :mad:
Nince couple days, sure felt like spring, actually put on some sun block. Spring peepers were out in force at night, very cool. maybe one more trip before it' s full on trout then stripers :lildevl:

Jim Miller
04-15-2011, 07:12 AM
I am headed back up next Tues & wed. .......work trip...but will fish evening and early morn. What was the water temp? Very cold when on my last visit. (32) :eek: I would guess when it hits the magic 42 degree mark.....it will be crazy good fishing. Tied up some intruders and big baitfish patterns to mix in with the spawn patterns. WESHALLSEE :whoa: ;)

tight-lines
04-16-2011, 06:35 AM
I am headed back up next Tues & wed. .......work trip...but will fish evening and early morn. What was the water temp? Very cold when on my last visit. (32) :eek: I would guess when it hits the magic 42 degree mark.....it will be crazy good fishing. Tied up some intruders and big baitfish patterns to mix in with the spawn patterns. WESHALLSEE :whoa: ;)

Jim,
Water temp was perfect 41deg flow was great (1000) but the fish are still up high. Talking to few people it's seems they are dropping eggs late this year. I think when it happens it will be crazy, if not short lived. Good luck, let me know how you do I might try to get back up Friday. :smokin:

bigduck10
04-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Fish have been late on the Erie and Ontario tribs as well. Even this week the water was still very cold.
At this rate we might be catching some Steel well into May.