Fly Fishing Forum banner

2011 Spring Cape Cod Striper Clave

6K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  fishfeetish 
#1 ·
At several people's urging, it's time to start planning the kick-off weekend for the umpteenth annual life is good striper season extravaganza :)

Mark the calendar - May 21-22 weekend

This year we'll do...

- Friday Informal Recon and flyswap at Squire
- Saturday Formal Fundraiser Dinner (maybe a clam bake)
- Social Media "Insiders Connection" (details to follow)
- Casting Clinic (recruiting FFF certified instructors and those studying for their test)
- Best fish pot $5 / optional / prize donated to non-profit in winner's name perhaps

Very soon I will need commitments (and deposits) for the Saturday dinner. Keep watching this thread.

- J

See less See more
#6 ·
JFBasser 2 hand day ,the official kick off.

Lets not forget the annual JFBassr 2 hand canal day which happens on the Friday to kick off the festivities.This is not to be confused with the other 2 hand day that I have yet to announce,that time and day will be announced soon.

#12 ·
I'm in -- although I am a little curious about the Saturday Formal Fundraisers dinner. Is this a black tie event? Most of my striper flies are tied with white, tan, chartreuse and olive hues. :hihi:

Q

#14 ·
Quentin said:
I'm in -- although I am a little curious about the Saturday Formal Fundraisers dinner. Is this a black tie event?

Q
that comment reminds me of the first Cape Crusade in 2005.

we were told that we were meeting "The Mayor" at the Chatham Anglers Club", so we packed suits :chuckle:

I remember asking the waitress in the squire - do you know the Mayor ?

you wiseguys.

:chuckle:

Seriously though, what is the fundraiser for ? - I understand that there is now a men's cancer charity called "Reel Recovery" that is just getting off the ground. I think they have a spey day coming up on the Deerfield. They would get my vote.

Mark.

#15 ·
Guernseybass said:
Seriously though, what is the fundraiser for ? - I understand that there is now a men's cancer charity called "Reel Recovery" that is just getting off the ground. I think they have a spey day coming up on the Deerfield. They would get my vote.

Mark.
Mark,
Reel Recovery has been a round for a few years, three years ago a bunch of us on the rod builders forum built some 5 Wts for them to use on outings. Pretty good outfit.

#16 ·
First objective is to pay off the costs for the year here, then anything over will help with the most important event of the year, Big Brothers / Big Sisters Fishing Day in June, then after that if we ever have any excess then we can reach beyond our own needs, yes.

But bottom line is there isn't enough raising going on here to reach out at this point although that might change in the future.

#17 ·
I can't be there (read: tenth wedding anniversary), but I'm sure that you all will catch your share of fish. When I start catching them down here in a few weeks, I'll point them in your direction upon release. :wink:

And Juro, don't forget about my fundraising offer.

#18 ·
commitments...

Gents,

Curious when you'll be collecting commitments for the Sat dinner, shoreline meetup and any invitations for any rip trip (very interested in that!), I'm interested in at least the rip and fishing, and probably will be joined by 2 friends as well.. I'll be watching the thread... as the time is growing near...

thanks Harold

#22 ·
Most people stay at the Handkerchief Shoals on the Chatham / Harwich line. Good rates, clean rooms.

Group dinner Sat night - getting estimates now. Either a nice restaurant like last year (Del Mar) or a clam bake, or the traditional BBQ.

Use this site to collaborate and ask questions, but if you need some assistance formulating a plan just let any one of us know - we're a helpful group and you'll probably make instant friends.

The area is wonderful to explore and the fish are arriving in numbers at that time. Any specific questions just fire away.

#24 ·
Sidelock - if you're flying / driving out from the Great Lakes I'll show you around Saturday. When are you arriving? If you're coming out earlier I will PM you a "milk run".

Saturday night you can hook up with the entire crew and decide what you want to do on Sunday. Some opt to book one of the guides, like FunFun Charters (Capt.Art Sawayer) who will be there at the dinner. Others love to DIY up to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.