Part 2 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Part 2

OC
03-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Fished with Juro yesterday on the Hood. A beautiful day out and there were fish in the river. Juro used a two hander and swung a tip through the bigger runs and I dead drifted a fly through the pocket water. I got lucky on my 2nd cast with a darkish hatchery fish small like a trout about 19 or 20 inches, released it. Juro had a great day though did not hook a fish. I showed him some new water to swing a fly in and he felt that every cast would be a grab. Juro took Tracy and I out to a great dinner before heading to parts unknown, thanks Juro it was fun.

striblue
03-07-2011, 08:15 AM
"Juro had a great day though did not hook a fish."

:chuckle: OC, You shouldn't have told us that,:tsk_tsk: you should have lied. :wink: :wink: :lildevl:............seriously though, I am glad you guys had a good time,and unlike some opinions on this forum, you don't have to catch fish to have fun.

juro
03-08-2011, 12:16 AM
John - you've thrown down the gaunlet - now you must come out west and take the winter steelhead on a swung fly challenge. Oh and bring waders, or the secret will be out that the achilles heel of the ironman is a frozen ..... :lildevl:

http://flyfishingforum.com/destinations/pacificnorthwest/hood_river/hoodriv2.jpg

striblue
03-08-2011, 08:17 AM
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: love it! If I dish it out I have to take it.:hihi: