OFFICIAL FRIDAY AUGUST 25th SIGN UP - RIP TRIP [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: OFFICIAL FRIDAY AUGUST 25th SIGN UP - RIP TRIP


juro
08-16-2000, 05:03 PM
NEW South Monomoy Point Excursion For

<font color="ff0000"><center>**** FRIDAY AUGUST 25 ****</center></font><!--color-->

Here's your chance to commit to another South Monomoy Trip on 8/25 (no alternate date).

Details:

Date August 25th (<b>You must be able to commit $$ </b>if you sign up by replying to this thread)

Time:
We will need to be at the refuge lot by 6:30, the boat will leave at 7:00 am sharp - no time to wait for preparation on this trip. Return will be approximately 4:30 pm, after the last 4pm run from the local spots is complete. Expect to be back at the parking lot at 5:00 - 5:30 pm.

Cost:
The initial deposit will be $30, for a minimum enrollment of ten people. The charter costs $300 so the $30 will become your share of the fee given ten people. If we get two more, everyone will be refunded the difference ($5).

Notes:

1) Once you commit, the first ten people will be expected to provide their ($30) share of the cost... even if you can't make it. Of course every effort will be made to accomodate everyone in the most fair and equitable manner but those who commit should not expect to pay more than $30 per head even if people back out.

2) Bringing coolers and stuff will be a good idea, no one to hassle us out there. See earlier Monomoy Clave posts for great info on what to bring.

3) Safety via 2way devices and cell phones recommended, there will be lots of boats within an arms wave away in case of emergency (although no one else on shore)

Reply to this thread only if you are committing to pay $30 to participate in this excursion.

If we are unable to get ten people we can either increase the per person share or discuss another date on the other existing thread. Thank you for not replying to this unless you are ready to commit to the $30 deposit.

REPLY TO THIS IF YOU ARE READY TO COMMIT...

Domenic
08-16-2000, 05:58 PM
I am in .
Domenic Tringale

juro
08-16-2000, 06:14 PM
As am I, just got off the phone w/ Keith and we're OK for Friday provided we get the headcount. Already put in for the day off.

1) Me
2) Pete L from Calgary
3-6) Four slots for my son and his 3 freinds

That brings the count to seven thus far.

<center><font color="ff0000">*** Filling up quickly ***</font><!--color--></center>

marvin
08-16-2000, 10:11 PM
Me? Work on Friday? Nope! I'm going fishing!! (weather's gotta be better this time, right?)http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif

juro
08-16-2000, 10:14 PM
Update:

Looking at the other exploratory thread, looks like Dave P is interested and needs early notice; Marvin has just confirmed. John Morin is on vacation and will likely attend and Tom D (if still on vacation) will likely attend too. That's three maybe's and a yes.

At least one of my son's friends will not be attending, lowering the previous count to 6... thus the current count is:

<center><font color="0000ff"><b>7 clavers, plus three maybe's.</b></font><!--color--></center>

striblue
08-17-2000, 10:15 AM
Juro, see my other replies. I am In. Call me on the Cape when you get a chance.

juro
08-17-2000, 10:17 AM
Update lunchtime Thursday 8-17-00

John Morin has confirmed. That makes <b>8 clavers, 3 maybe's</b>

Lookin' good! Remember, there will be a pep rally at the lighthouse at 4:30 (optional)

FredA
08-17-2000, 10:41 AM
Count me in if there is still room.
Fred A

juro
08-17-2000, 10:50 AM
Fred -

I have you signed up for the next day... are you still interested in both days?

Juro

FredA
08-17-2000, 11:36 AM
Juro,
Yes. But I am willing to defer to others on Friday if needed. Count me in if you need a body to fill the boat.

Regards,
Fred A.

Roop
08-17-2000, 03:34 PM
I considered myself signed up. Am I?

Roop

DaveP
08-17-2000, 03:38 PM
Confirming for the 25th!!

Trying to get a camp site; looks like they're booked. Will try a few alternates.

Dave P

juro
08-17-2000, 03:45 PM
<font color="ff0000"><center><b>*** ONE MORE CLAVER ***</b></font><!--color--></center>

That's 11...

1) Domenic
2) Juro
3) Pete L
4-6) My son and friends
7) Marvin
8) John Morin
9) Fred A *
10) Roop
11) Dave P

* willing to defer

Wait listers keep going... my son's friends have yet to confirm (but I have agreed to cover them $$). There could be a couple spots open over the next couple days so get your wait list names in order of receipt.


<font size="1">Roop - never assume anything around here http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Wilk.gif
Until we have the infrastructure to build real sign up sheets in javascript or asp you will need to follow the OFFICIAL sign up thread around to get on a trip - sorry!</font><!--1-->

GregD
08-17-2000, 10:15 PM
Hey I've got friday off. Count me in.

Greg.

juro
08-18-2000, 10:27 AM
<center><b><font color="ff0000">*** STOP THE MUSIC ***</font><!--color--></b></center>

Wait listers keep going, but that's a full boat.

juro
08-21-2000, 05:53 PM
<b>Two spots open for Rip Trip II !! </b> - my son's friends will not be able to make it after all due to a conflict. Any takers?

Roop
08-21-2000, 08:23 PM
This just might be my last hurrah for the season so I am planning on heading down Thursday evening & fishing as much as possible until we meet the boat Friday AM. Anyone care to join me?

DO we want to make any plans for after the trip on Friday?

Ready to go.

Roop

juro
08-22-2000, 07:40 AM
Wonder if Bob Pink can make Friday? I'll give him a call. It appears Fred may be able to defer Sat if Bob can't make a weekday too.

We need a couple riders for Friday!

JimW
08-22-2000, 09:49 AM
Count me in if there's still room.

juro
08-22-2000, 11:40 AM
You're in Jim!

1) Domenic
2-3) Juro and son
4) Pete L
5) Jim Whelan
6) Marvin
7) John Morin
8) Fred A
9) Roop
10) Dave P
11) Greg Devereaux
12) *** OPEN ***

Current price / head = $28 each. Down to $25 with one more recruit.

GregD
08-23-2000, 09:10 PM
Hi Guys,

I am without a ride back from the rip trip. Anyone going by Marlboro MA that wouldn't mine givin me a lift, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll have to surrender my seat.
Hitchiking with waders and gear would be a bummer. http://216.71.206.188/images/flytalk/Sad.gif
If you can give me a lift, send me mail offline at devereau@mediaone.net or reply.

Thanks,
Greg.

juro
08-24-2000, 07:40 AM
Greg -

I can give you a lift down there but will not be returning until Sunday night.

Maybe someone could give you a ride back?

GregD
08-24-2000, 08:23 PM
Well the weather reports sounds great for the trip. I hope everyone hooks up with some nice fish. I won't be able to make this one without my vehicle. Thanks for the ride offer Juro.

Tight lines,
Greg.