Dick Talleur [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Dick Talleur

wrke
02-19-2011, 11:45 AM
All,

It is with great sadness that I must tell you that Dick Talleur died tonight, February 18, 2011, after a brief illness, at the age of 79. Dick suffered an infection as far back as last November, that eventually spread to the heart muscle, and he died of congestive heart failure. His last days were comfortable, his wife Vera and step-son Yury, and David and I, were here to lend comfort and assistance.

Arrangements at this time are incomplete, but for those of you who may choose to travel to Myrtle Beach, SC, we expect that the services will be on Tuesday February 22, 2011. Cremation will follow the services, and a scattering of the ashes will be held on Thursday, weather permitting, at Sunset Beach, NC. Details will follow as soon as possible. We will also be suggesting a favorite charity in lieu of flowers.

Thanks to all of you for your support and kind wishes during this difficult period. Dick was lucky to have so many good friends and the support of friends and family. He, and all of us, appreciated all of your kindness and attention during this difficult time.

With all of our best Wishes,

David & Denise Talleur

millerbrown
02-19-2011, 08:07 PM
This is sad news. It is a fact that Dick was a constant presence over the past few decades for this flyfisher and I am sure for many others.

He leaves a great legacy. He will be remembered.

Millerbrown

Dble Haul
02-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this. I took some tying classes with Dick many years ago, and he was an excellent teacher and person. My wife is from the Manchester NH area where Dick lived for many years, and he willingly spoke of the fishing opportunities there for when we visited.

His influence was far reaching and he will be missed.