Clackamas R? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Clackamas R?

juro
01-17-2011, 12:18 PM
How has the Clackamas R been fishing this winter? Worth taking a few casts end of month?

thanks in advance

OC
01-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Juro, Don't know how the river has been but looks really nice when I travel south on I 205 through Portland. Where else can you swing a fly in a perfect looking run right in the middle of the big city. Always see businessmen fishing the run before work when I have to drive that terrible road every once in a great while.

Eric
01-17-2011, 07:46 PM
You bet, OC. There's an incredible winter fly drift abut 1/2 mile upstream from the I-205 crossing. Park in the Safeway lot, duck under the bridges, and hike to it. Used to fish it many mornings before work. The "Winery Hole", the one just upstream from the bridges, ain't near so good.

Cheers,

Eric

KerryS
01-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Ha, now this is funny. Used to live in HappyRock. Matter of fact I remember my address; 1080 High Street, Gladstone, Or. (no kidding). I wasn't doing much fly fishing back then but I know right where you are speaking of.

OC
01-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Hey Kerry, maybe you need to make a journey home. Starbucks latte and a sink tip:hihi: