Anegada [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anegada

MartyG
01-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Will be hitting Anegada while bareboaing the BVI's for ten days starting next Monday.

Does anyone have any specific spots they can share to fish for either bones or tarpon. I'm bringing a couple of 8's and a 10 weight. I have a dinghy, kayak with my charter boat and jeep reserved at the Anegada Reff Hotel. I've fished there twice before but very unsuccessfully.

Thanks,

Marty

juro
01-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Hopefully Walker will chime in - I'd imagine they're recovered from the hurricane damage, I wonder if the pilchard runs brought the tarpon to the beach again this year.

MartyG
01-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks. I plan to send him a PM. Hopefully I'll find some pirate booty at Norman Island (the setting for the book Treasure Island) and be able to book Garfield Faulkner as a guide.

Walker
01-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Just got back to Houston from Anegada. I hope your fishing was better than ours. We had big winds and big seas most days, with very sandy water. All in all terrible conditions on the north side for tarpon.

The bonefishing on the south side was good. I did not do any, but a good friend is a guide and he had several days of good fishing with guests.

We did a day of offshore trolling also, with poor results - landed only one kingfish.