Saltwater license [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Saltwater license

Stevo
01-04-2011, 01:24 PM
This has probably been aired before but I couldn't find anything after a look through some of the threads from last year.

Is there a MA saltwater license in place for 2011? And will it be applicable for visiting (non-US) anglers?

Adrian
01-04-2011, 01:35 PM
This has probably been aired before but I couldn't find anything after a look through some of the threads from last year.

Is there a MA saltwater license in place for 2011? And will it be applicable for visiting (non-US) anglers?

Does this mean you will be here in 2011? :lildevl:

PopnesetBay
01-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes there will be a S/W Lic for 2011 in Mass. As I understand it there is a $10 charge, Resident/Non-resident with exceptions for the charge, age dependent. I believe that the availability of places that issue them is in question, right now. They are available via the Internet with a small surcharge or at the Marine Fisheries offices in Boston, New Bedford and some place north of Boston. I am sure that things will become clearer as this year progresses.

Pete 'PopnesetBay' Readel

Stevo
01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Does this mean you will be here in 2011? :lildevl:

Possibly Adrian... I do, generally, visit in the 'odd' years as a rule.

I need some cheap digs though - Pete Gray, where are you!? :D

Penguin
01-06-2011, 08:21 PM
NO problem...
Self guided piscatorial opportunities and independent transportation a must...
High quality protein rich doggie treats a plus...
Rauchen Verboten... adult beverage consumption, not so much !

flydoc
01-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Steve- here is the link to the appropriate page on the Massachusetts Department of Marine Fisheries website- the page includes links to both the internet licensing site (for online saltwater permit application) AND to a paper application (as a printable pdf file) that you can print and mail with the payment for the permit:

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dmf/recreationalfishing/rec_permits.htm

Hope to see you during your visit (with regards to fishing activities; hopefully you won't require my professional services:lildevl: )

Flydoc
aka Jim Shepherd M.D.

Stevo
01-24-2011, 11:30 AM
NO problem...
Self guided piscatorial opportunities and independent transportation a must...
High quality protein rich doggie treats a plus...
Rauchen Verboten... adult beverage consumption, not so much !

Errr, have we got a translator in 'da' house!? :D

Penguin
01-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Stevo...
For your consideration...
If you can deal with some clutter, I've got a place that you can call home here in the Colonies for PHREE...
Don't let the debilitating cost of lodging stand in the way of wetting a line on the PharSide of the canal...
Regardz
Pete

Stevo
01-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the offer, Pete... I'm going to start looking into whether I can afford it this year (family hols already booked for February).

Mike Oliver
02-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Squire Man,

I got an air fare for 395 to Logan. PJ got one with KLM for 335 the jammy illigitimate.
With free board and a bit of jiggling with the budget and the proceeds of sale from boat I hope you can wangle a way across the pond. It's not the same without you and the other members of your Gang. You have been abscent from the Cape way too long. It was you and JT that inspired me to come if you recall at a UK Bass meet at Allan Hughe's old company premises in Bristol. Amazing what one conversation can do in terms of changing ones life so much.

Mike