Salina Point Lodge, Acklins Island-Still on sale! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Salina Point Lodge, Acklins Island-Still on sale!

acklinsboy
10-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi friends!

We are still showing a very decent rates for those who missed the fall-giveaway; $1,176:00-Doubles -Singles-$1,881:6 on vacations confirmed before
December 31, 2010.

Now is the time to move, as slots are 'fulling fast!' Have no regrets!

teflon_jones
10-22-2010, 03:28 PM
This is tempting Felton... Very tempting... I just don't know whether I want to do Acklins again! South Andros has been calling my name.....

acklinsboy
10-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Don't know what else to say! Really lost for words.

flatsfisher
10-24-2010, 08:08 AM
Hey Felton...........That photos got my mouth watering. Start gathering the conch and put some KALIKS on ice. Paul and I will be down in a couple . Looking forward to our 1st trip to Salina.

Will let you all know how we do. Charlie

teflon_jones
11-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Don't know what else to say! Really lost for words.
I just like to go to new places! I hit South Andros before, but in the South Bight, and this trip is to the southern tip and west side. I hit about as much of Acklins as a person can in a week during my last trip. Still tempting though since it would save me a boatload of money..... I've got a little while to think about this. :)

ericnotthered
11-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I'd love to go, but I'm going to have to wait for the next "fall giveaway".

juro
11-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Love Acklins! It's bonefishing in it's pure form.

flatsfisher
11-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Hey Felton...........That photos got my mouth watering. Start gathering the conch and put some KALIKS on ice. Paul and I will be down in a couple . Looking forward to our 1st trip to Salina.

Will let you all know how we do. Charlie

Just back from Salina pt lodge, had a very good trip. We started off by being stuck in nas for three days due to Tomas. We were able to get to Acklins on Monday via Pineapple air. The weather was mostly cloudy and cold we could'nt even sit at the pool at Oranage Hill. We managed to get trhru the 2 day delay, lots of fritters, Kaliks and chowder at Twin Brothers.
Once there we experienced great weather with moderate winds and sunny days for the most part. We were dropped off and picked up at different areas as part of the pkg. We did go guided 2 days with Joe, one of the trips being to the Fish Cays. The drop off and pickup worked well I was a little concerned about being able to spend a whole day in one area but the flats were large with areas that could be fished on low or high water
The fishing was excellent nothing really big but a couple in the 5-6 lb range. All in all I probably saw more fish for the week than on any of my previous 12 trips to Acklins. Paul and I managed to land over 50 fish on the shortened trip.
Feltons cooking was excellent, abundant and flavorful. We called him the soup nazi (seinfeld) for his great chowders.
Another forum member and his friend were there when we arrived and I believe they also had a good trip. Just before we left 2 guys came in on their 1st Bone fish trip, 10 and 15 fish their 1st day of fishing at the Fish Cays.

Thanks Felton, Joe and Altimedes for a great time.

Flatsfisher

acklinsboy
11-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks Charlie & all you who have given me cause to get a larger hat! Happy you guys enjoyed the cooking. My equipment crashed, thus, I'm going to be slow with replies.

From all reports the fishing was tremendous for the veterans, with first time bonefishers, blind casting from 'the porch' (the flat out front) and being rewarded with their first bone-fish ever! The first timers you mentioned Charlie are now very spoiled! The numbers were great the whole 4 weeks!

Thanks,