My fishing location have expanded. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: My fishing location have expanded.

striblue
10-08-2010, 08:15 AM
This Monday I am moving from Winchester to Plymouth, sold my house in Winchester and boaught a new single family home in the Pine Hills developement in Plymouth with my lady friend.... Spent 3 weeks purging the house of 30 years of stuff.... now I don't have to sit on my porch like Clint Eastward in "Gran Tourino". Keeping a non Resident membership at Winchester CC, but will be at Plymouth CC for golf... and more importantly will be only 7 miles from the bridge and not have to deal with the drive though Boston from the north . For me I can now fish parts of the Cape out of Plymouth instead of soley Chatham... even the Canal without significant time planning. But also be closer to my place in Chatham. So I wonder where Jim Whelan is?

n1gdo
10-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Hope the new house and location all work out....

Sounds like a great move for you...

Enjoy!

juro
10-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Congrats John! Winchester will never be the same without you :)

flydoc
10-08-2010, 11:18 AM
John- don't forget to go to the Plymouth PD ASAP to get your firearms license address info updated in the state licensing system- I believe it's required whenever you move (I had to pop into the Harwich PD office after I moved down here from Worcester back in late 2002).
Maybe I'll run into you at Bass River Club sometime soon, if I don't see you on the shoreline sooner.
Jim

striblue
10-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks Doc, I had thought of that and the Drivers license change. I still plan to head to Cape Cod Fish and Game on Sunday morning to shoot trap. I expect to join Plymouth Rod and Gun. If you plan on going to Bass River for any of the shotgun shoots let me know since they are open to the public and I need not be a member.

Jim Miller
10-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Good for you John!:smile:
retirement....what a concept! :Eyecrazy:

bonefishmon
10-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Congratulations on the move John. You have some pretty good wade fishing in and around Plymouth. Duxbury has always been a spot I've wanted to check out. Some fishy weather coming after the weekend and there are still a lot of herring waiting to bust out of the creeks. Ah, the magic window. Should be soon.

Phil

PEC54
10-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Don't tell anybody but the beaches in Plymouth are hot right now, shhhhh, thats between me and you.:D :chuckle: :chuckle: :razz:

FishHobby
10-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Sorry to see you gone from Winchester but enjoy the new place. Hope to catch up in the spring.

Dble Haul
10-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Plymouth has a new mayor! :wink:

tomd
10-18-2010, 09:52 PM
congrats on the new house John...

I'm sure you'll find Jim in town somewhere :D

PopnesetBay
10-19-2010, 06:49 PM
John, congratulations on the new home and the move. Now the question is how long it will take to unpack and place all that "stuff" your lady doesn't understand. Bet the golf equipment is right where you can find it! Seriously, sit back and relax and just think that the available time to fish has just increased by the reduced travel time to get to the 'salt'.
Pete

Penguin
10-19-2010, 10:11 PM
'dropped in for a no notice hospitality check but you had gone off to Wal-Mart for some end-of-season double-knit golf "apparel" and I missed ya'...
Your new neighbor, Jed Clampett, came over to say "Howdy!"... he's eagerly lookin' forward to this weekend's neighborhood possum bar-b-q festival ;)
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/Phracas/Picture1-1.png

Jim Miller
10-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Now that's funny! :chuckle: :D :hihi:

FredA
10-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Looks like a good place for wind mills. :devil:

There can be some nice fall fishin along the beaches in the nieghborhood.

OC
10-20-2010, 02:45 PM
John aint goin fishin he is a goin huntin. Best of luck in your new home.

PopnesetBay
10-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Huntin, hell. He is out looking for 'road kill'

Penguin
10-20-2010, 08:40 PM
startin' to look like a "dog pile"... :eek:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/Phracas/Picture2.png