Walt's Surgery [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Walt's Surgery

rooster
09-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Hi Guys
I just got the update on Walt's left knee replacement. The surgery, yesterday, went very well and the fit was perfect. He is now officially bionic, with most moving parts now replaced! He should be in the hospital thought Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
He should be "ready to hit the beaches", by next Spring.
Fred- he is ready for the Quivett Creek marches now, although- I am sure he will still accept a ride anytime you want to offer it.
Cheers
Dennis:smile:

FredA
09-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Great news on the knee replacement. Hope he follows the docs orders on recovery and physical therapy.

Where the hell is Quivet Creek?:tsk_tsk: :wink:

rooster
09-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Bayside, near Dennis

juro
09-30-2010, 07:38 AM
The last storm filled it in, it's no longer there.

My mom just got two done, titanium. She's getting around much better but it takes a while. I hear from others it's like a godsend eventually.

When I called to see how the surgery went she said "they look wonderful!" Always a girl at heart at any age :)

bruce.campo
10-01-2010, 05:18 PM
my tennis partner just got his done. In 2 1/2 months, he was back on the court hitting (not moving real well, but still). the key is the therapy... Work your butt off and by spring, you'll be marching up and down the beach.

good luck!

rooster
10-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Walt is home now and snoring up a storm..., so life is better. He is still very sore and is doing his exercises- 10 minutes of walking (with a walker) 8 times a day. He appreciates the interest in his recovery. I will be seeing him this afternoon and bringing him this months edition of "On the Water".:)
Cheers
DK

bruce.campo
10-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Any word how Walt is making out?

rooster
10-25-2010, 06:36 AM
Hi Bruce,
Thanks for asking.
He is doing well. The knee was a good fit and he is now walking with a cane and doing his physical therapy. It will be another 6 weeks before it will be fully healed, but the prognosis is very good.
DK