Bait, bass, brrr [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bait, bass, brrr

juro
09-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Despite south wind very cold this am. What seemed to be a bust suddenly turned into a flurry of big fish strafing the excessive amounts of bait mid-tide. Finicky but some nice fish landed.

You could feel a sense of urgency among the fast moving fish. Won't be long now before they get on their horses and head south!

Best to get out there!

boatdrinks
09-24-2010, 05:07 PM
sounds good man. I fished the mouth of stage for a couple hours this morning, turned up nothing. The tide was coming in which I think is no good there. I'll be out tomorrow as early as I can, not sure how much I'll be able to do with the wind but I'll give it my damnedest!

jimS
09-26-2010, 07:57 PM
See post on worldwide Discussion. Blues are thick on the south side of Cape Cod.

boatdrinks
09-27-2010, 08:29 AM
they sure were! I got out in the boat yesterday morning early and found some great fish.

juro
09-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Invested the late incoming 24 hrs later, same spot that was crawling with bass. NOTHING and far better conditions so I am thinking they are already starting to get on their horses or at least they're into the fast moving bait chase which is really mostly what the fall migration is all about.

boatdrinks
09-27-2010, 10:08 AM
I didn't see many bass at the rips. The blues were a blast though. I'll be back in two weeks so we'll see how it goes then

highway61
09-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Was out on the Brewster flats on Sunday. The fishing was really good for those who had yaks and could get on the outer bars. The action was non-stop from 6 to 9am. Lots of bait and lots of stripers in pursuit. It was all top water action with the bass busting the surface all around us. They were mostly schoolies in the 20" range, but I did get one that was 30" The one guy who had a spinning rod killed them. Despite the NE wind the bass were reachable and at times I could have touched one or two with my rod. After the action died down I explored the bars and caught a couple more. It is great to see (and catch :biggrin: ) some quality fish again!!

Steve

FredA
09-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Saw the birds goin nuts out there from my vantage point. Wish I had the time to make the trek.