Arriving at the Cape next Tues [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Arriving at the Cape next Tues

JonC
09-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Will be in Orleans, looking forward to some good fishing and maybe meeting some of the natives? Sounds like striper sightings have been a little spotty, any good news would be welcome.
Jon

juro
09-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Things seem to be on the rebound but the presence of bait offshore is holding a lot of fish outside. When the migration starts the shorebound angler will be in fat city again, I'll be out on Nauset a lot this fall.

NeilC
09-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Arrived 3 days ago - met up with friends from Rochester, great time but stripers certainly very sparse from the shore (north wind doesn't help). Nothing except lots of seals in pleasant bay area. Managed a couple of good sized fish, but the schoolies and pods of stripers not yet seen, despite lots of bait fish in the water.

JonC
09-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Juro,
Perhaps I could catch a ride down the beach with you?
Jon

juro
09-22-2010, 07:07 AM
If I get out on the beach for myself sure! Booked this weekend though - I can ask if anyone wants to split a trip if you're interested.

JonC
09-22-2010, 07:44 AM
I will be arriving on the 28th, I will also have my boat moored in Nauset harbor which gives easy access to Nauset marsh the spit and the inlet if that's what's happening.
Jon