LT. Island wellfleet [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: LT. Island wellfleet

scruffy_fish
09-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Booked a place for a week of R&R on the cape in a couple of weeks. Anyone have any suggestions or knowledge of this area for fly fishing? I'll be bringing the kayaks also.

The wife wants a charter, but I'd prefer wading along the beaches. I'm also planning a day trip to Monomoy and Chatham.

Thanks for your suggestions.

dudley
09-03-2010, 07:10 AM
I've fished the Audubon sanctuary property on the island a few times. It's a good place to try when you need to get away from a stiff north wind. The incoming on the flats seemed to be best, but nothing spectacular.
In good weather you should be able to cross the bay over to Jeremy Point in your 'yaks. That's probably your best bet directly from the island.
I'm sure that when you rented they told you about the causeway. :biggrin:
Plan your your trips accordingly

scruffy_fish
09-03-2010, 08:16 AM
We'll be delaid for a while when we first get there, but that should be it for the week.

Googled the area, looked like some nice water around the island, that's why we booked there. also the national Seashore is only across the road, RT 6.

dudley
09-03-2010, 09:01 AM
We'll be delaid for a while when we first get there, but that should be it for the week.
So they didn't tell you...:roll:
The causeway floods over at high tide. I don't remember how well it's marked, but as far as I know no one drives over it then.

The Marconi beach right across the way often fishes well and often doesn't 'mung up' like the beaches to the north

scruffy_fish
09-03-2010, 10:34 AM
So they didn't tell you...:roll:
The causeway floods over at high tide. I don't remember how well it's marked, but as far as I know no one drives over it then.

The Marconi beach right across the way often fishes well and often doesn't 'mung up' like the beaches to the north

They did tell us, the tide should only be an issue twice a day for a couple of hours. I'm going to rome the shore most of the time anyway. Going to fish and relax, read a book, and what ever. Hope it cools off some next week, that might bring on the bite.

BigDave
09-04-2010, 08:44 AM
The flats all along lt island/sunken meadow/first encounter can be bluefish heaven, esp if you have a kayak.

scruffy_fish
09-05-2010, 08:45 AM
The flats all along lt island/sunken meadow/first encounter can be bluefish heaven, esp if you have a kayak.

Any suggestions on where on the Island at what tides? Looks like it has some diverse water around it.

saltfly
09-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Are you ACTUALLY staying on the Island?I responded to your inquiry on the "other" site under a different user name.You didn't say when you're going to be there.Big tides are coming.The roads WILL be flooding.Pm me and I'll try to help you stay out of trouble.