Fall 2010 Steelhead Clave - where / when? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fall 2010 Steelhead Clave - where / when?

juro
09-01-2010, 11:24 AM
OK Eric, Leland, Andre, OC, Brian, OC, Tony, Bob, etc, etc - I think we need to do a Pacific Northwest Forum Clave this year. I have a feeling Dave17 (Atlanta) will join in and possibly Petevicar's (Germany) interest will be piqued since he's never caught a steelhead.

Where have the best return counts been this year?

OC
09-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Juro,
All are welcome to my neck of the woods. Deschutes should be very good so should rivers on Washington side of Columbia. I'm coaching cross country this fall here in Hood River but I told AD that I'm going over to Snake for a week in October as soon as water level drops. It's going to be or already is a great waker season but I'm not going to tell. :razz:

juro
09-03-2010, 11:56 AM
October works for me as well. Love greaselining for steelhead and I have the jones reaaaallllly bad this year!

Eric
09-03-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm going to be on the Deschutes Monday through Wednesday. I'll report on what I find.

October would work for me if we wind up on the Deschutes for the Clave.

Cheers,

Eric

Dave17
09-03-2010, 11:15 PM
You're killin' me. The piggy-bank is empty after prolonged unemployment but it's starting to fill back up again. I just booked a November big bonefish DIY trip. Right now its myself and one other. We could probably accommodate two more if there is any interest on 11/10-11/14. Bare bones and the whole thing usually costs me around $800 for car, room/board and flight. No frills and no guides. PM me if interested to get the location.