Watch Closely! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Watch Closely!

bonefishmon
08-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Earl may well head out to sea being dragged there by it's buddy Danielle. But........?

Phil

Jim Miller
08-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Watching VERY closely.
Heading to MV on Tuesday for a weeks vacation......could be interesting :Eyecrazy: :eek: :whoa:

btw: I will be staying in Lobsterville beach area. If anyone is out that way and wants to fish....let me know. Be good to catch up .....and catch! :D

BigDave
08-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Hopefully the storms push in some exotics from the SE. We found triggers, mahi and blue runners withing sight of BI a couple of weeks ago...maybe the storms will draw them closer to the bait waiting for them in RI.

bruce.campo
09-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Hope you got into some fish there. Did you get to dogfish?

Jim Miller
09-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Hey Bruce
Just Back. Fished a fair amount from shore and kayak.
first 3 days were pretty calm and I could see some fish working under birds...could not get to them in time....bones, blues??? Fished inside Menemsha pond 2 days...not much going on. Thurs-Sunday were pretty windy with Earl and all. Not much fishing. Monday am fished lobsterville beach up to the bar...nothing. In 6 days of lying on Philben Beach, I did not see any birds working....none!
Beautiful place for a vacation....and the family had a blast. :smokin:
All in all, i got to practice my casting...but not my fish fighting. :confused: :(

bruce.campo
09-10-2010, 03:44 AM
Jimbo - I'm not sure what's going on there but the past few years have not been very good for fishing. I was there in June, and Long pt. is usually a slam-dunk for stripers, but you and I had the same experience (bad timing?). did you get to fish the flats at all?