Anything happening with Danielsson?? Big sale on web site. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anything happening with Danielsson?? Big sale on web site.

hnl
08-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Hi,
I hope danielsson is O.K. Do not wish to start rumors. They are having a 30% sale on their reels/spools. They have never done that to my knowlege.

Juro???

Herb

juro
08-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Hold on... I'm buying reels :lildevl:

Not sure but will try to find out. Could be a great time to get one of these killer reels.

JR SPEY
08-15-2010, 07:40 AM
I wonder where Salmo went? He's the one who would know.

salmo
08-20-2010, 09:46 PM
It is a vacation time !!!!!!!!!!!!

They are collecting funds for new products. Danielsson is not a large corp which can go and borrow at low rate......

Within two 2-3 years they grew a number of fly shops to near 100, mostly in Eurozone while Loop went to a handful in scandinavia and very few distributors beyond Scandinavia.........

It could be they are gaining at expense of other by making a very hight quality reels at Sweden rather then importing form Asia. Base on the serial numbers of specific models it appear they sold over 6000 reels since lunching redesigned reels, both direct and anti-reverse drive, in early 2009.

I suspect that the number of fly fishing tackle manufactures, rods and reels, will shrink within the next few years, due to week economy persisting for a long time as over-stretched consumers will be paying their debt for quite some time.

Only small, nimble manufacturers will survive.

Take Kerry Burkheimer, he is doing well as new rods design and increase popularity in Europe is luring new customers to his incredibly refined, both SH and DH rods.

Coming back to Danielsson, a friend of mine recently waited a few more weeks for reels, as sudden burst of demand due to 30% discount exceeded the small manufacturer capacity.

salmo
01-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Danielsson 30% discount on reels and spools has ended on Dec. 31.

Back to reality..........:lildevl: :lildevl: