Report from last week [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Report from last week

FishHobby
07-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Got out a couple time last week. Took the boat out to the southern location where a dozen or so of us gathered during the clave. Brought it in tight to where we were doing our congo line. Neither trip was ideal in terms of point in the tide cycle, but I take what I can with the little one back at home with my wife. There were blues splashing around and about as many seals ready to try and snag hooked fish. Water temps were reading in the upper 60s. Attempted to get some offerings down in the water column to find bass, but came up each time with blues - then the had to bring them in quick with the seals chasing behind and the green heads munching on my legs. If ur headed that way, be ready to loose some flies and swat some flies! Nonetheless, nice to be out there and far better than work!

striblue
07-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Sounds much better than work. I would hope to plan a Rip trip during the week of the 19th and some later...but... will only pick a 6 hour outgoing now at this time of year....also need a fast minus tide which will wash the mung out quickly. Mung only in a 30 to 40 foot area right up to the beach as the rip hits the beach...but only a small area. Naturally conditions for mung may change so I don't plan on not going because of it. The tide, however, is very important.