Need new saltwater wading boots [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Need new saltwater wading boots

JusBones
07-11-2010, 05:15 PM
My Marlwalkers are shot....buggers shrank....ruined my last trip. One of the guys wore subject wading shoes.....look comfortable...flexable....BUT....there appears to be only one pair on the internet size 7. I wear a size 11 shoe...any help appreciated ....or recommedations for a similiar comforable wading shoe
(talking saltwater here) Thanks Mark

Dave17
07-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Call Patagonia, they'll replace the MWs for free

JusBones
08-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Thanks Dave, but being the dummy I am , in frustration I threw them out. HOWEVER, a gentleman I have corresponed with through this and other sites, offered me a new in box pair of Bite Primal Wading Boots, at a deep discount !
It only reinforces what I have always experienced in our sport......fellow fisher-folks are always eager to help each other out.....be it finding equipment, advise or anything that will help. We are a special group....and a tip of the hat to Jim R.

polareyez
12-06-2010, 10:58 AM
A couple of years ago the eyes on my wading boots corroded from the salt. I found an inexpensive replacement at Wal-Mart. Waterproof hiking boots for $39.95. I've had them a couple of years now. The best part is that they have nylon loops for eyes so there's no corrosion. Buy them 2 sizes larger than your regular shoe size to fit them over waders. I wear them wet wading as well when the water warms up. I just put on a couple of pairs of socks. I wade the flats on Monomoy so, I do a lot of walking and the these boots are comfortable.

striblue
12-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Gary...yes...the shoes MADE for fishing don't seem to be made for fishing in fresh or salt. I have used a moderate priced pair of Merrells.... for wet wading.... and I have an older pair which fit nicely over waders, when I do wear them. Just buy one size bigger.New Balance also has some really inexpensive running shoes that one guide on the Cape wears... and he is out fishing alot and is a beach guide...(you can also wear them to the Squire after)....