Anyone going to be around next weekend? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anyone going to be around next weekend?

boatdrinks
06-24-2010, 08:34 AM
I'll be up next weekend and a few days after if anyone wants to grab a beer at the squire or the beachcoma'

boatdrinks
06-28-2010, 08:17 AM
I think I'm also going to fish from shore a couple nights this weekend if anyone wants to join.

juro
06-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Time is booking up quickly but PM me your cell phone maybe a short sortie or two are in order. Anyone else going to be on cape for the fourth?

flyflicker
06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
I too will be on the Cape from July 3 thru the 10th. Would love to hook up with some of y'all for fishing or IPA's, or both

boatdrinks
06-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Sounds good, I'm going to fish a couple Chatham spots after dark a couple nights if that works for you guys. Maybe grab a beer before or after or both?

FredA
06-28-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm on Cape for IRT for two weeks. Wife's working tuesday's and thursdays so those are my intensive fishing days.

Been fishing the am bottom pretty much unsuccessfully. Either the fish aren't there or when they are they been tough. Cast to tailers continuously for about 45 minutes yesterday on the turn without a nible. Two years ago I woulda said show me a tailer and I'll show you a bite if you put the fly within ten feet.

flyflicker
06-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Sounds good, I'm going to fish a couple Chatham spots after dark a couple nights if that works for you guys. Maybe grab a beer before or after or both?
I've only done nite fishing a couple of times. Where abouts would one go for this type of thing? I know where the beer flows already.

boatdrinks
06-28-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm just going to go to a couple of spots in Chatham that I know pretty well unless someone has a better suggestion. I don't like to do too much exploring at night

flyflicker
06-28-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm ready to do this. A PM is in order I suspect.

Adrian
06-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Tides look good for after-dark forays this w/e.

But, you may have to choose between Beer and Fishing :chuckle:

I wasn't planning on going anywhere near the Cape this w/e but the chance to chase big stripers and blues from a boat has changed that. If I have any stamina left and there's enough cloud cover to obscure the moon, I may head out to a fairly well-know outlet for a last 3 hours of the outgoing. :smokin:

Gseries69
06-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I was planning on spending a weekend at home for once but the little lady wants a mini vacay so....I'll probably be around and would love to meet up for some fishing.

flyflicker
06-28-2010, 01:10 PM
OK, so let's do it. We will need each others' contact info so we can know when and where. PM the info?

boatdrinks
06-28-2010, 01:32 PM
works for me