Fly Fishing Forum banner

Gaspe Fishing

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  get 
#1 ·
I know the water is low and perhaps warm in the Gaspe, but was wondering if that is translating into poor fishing , as one would expect. I know WRKE is there and perhaps he'll pipe up. I go to the Restigoushe on 6/26.

#3 ·
River conditions are great on the York, good levels, temperatures. Two fish this evening, one on a wet (12), one on a dead drift dry (15). Last day on the York tomorrow, then head to the Grand Cas, Petite and Bonnie. Last I heard, water was low. We'll be optimistic.
Bill

#4 ·
Bob
River temp was 45 this morning. Highest we've seen on the York was 57, so I can't imagine the temps elsewhere on the Gaspé are too bad. We'll know later today, but my internet connection will be spotty. A lovely 20 lb hen at 6 this morning.
Bill

#6 ·
Bill,

Thanks for providing the temperature. Those nice cool temperatures will help the fish in the near term.

However, comparison of the graphs contained in this link clearly show just how low the rivers are compared with historical values for the same period.

All of the Gaspe peninsula will need periodic rain to sustain the fish otherwise temperatures are bound to increase significantly. For some reason, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick are getting a moderate share of water. Let's hope that trend moves North.

https://www.saumonquebec.com/RiverFlowTideLevelLunarCycleSu/WaterLevelAndFlowEn.aspx

#7 ·
GG
I concur. Was on Salmon Branch today, I've never seen it this low this time of year. No doubt that they need rain. I have seen the Petite lower at this time of year . . . it's really at a great fishable height at the moment . . . but I agree. They need rain.
Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.