Back from a week on the Cape [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Back from a week on the Cape

JonC
06-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Got back home Sat after a week of so so fishing,picked up a few fish here and there in Nauset Marsh, all sight fished and reasonable in size up to about 30". Made two trips to Monomoy, motored all around saw a total of two fish, one of which was absolutely enormous, probably the biggest fish I've ever cast to, he turned and took but did not get hooked, he then went right by my friend at a couple of rod lengths but he couldn't manage a shot, that was Tues. Fri we went out again, never saw a fish till heading back across the flat towards the Stage inlet, one flushed in front of the boat. Then we went back to the Marsh, long story short, the inlet was packed with fish blasting menhaden, nonstop catching keeper sized fish for about 3 hours, 1000's of big fish right up on the bar where you could see them the whole time, it a was totally insane once in a blue moon experience.
Would put some pictures up but I haven't figured out how to reduce the file size to fit.
Jon

Warren
06-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Nice report Jon.

I would very much like to see your pics.

Due to the file size restriction in place, you would be better off hosting your images on the web someplace like Flickr, image shack or personal website etc.. and copy & past the url then tag the image Like this:

url where pictures are located in between brackets

Then they will show up embedded in the post. (See my post for spring clave pics at top of this forum here (www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=28137) ). ensure there are no spaces.
I would show them no bigger than 1200 pixels on one side, I usually use a 1000 pixel wide setting so people with laptops & small screens do not have to scroll side to side. Also post them at 72 DPI (screen resolution) Or use the lower quality settings if your site upload software does not have a DPI setting, that way they will load quickly, especially for the folks on dialup. If have any questions or need more help PM me

JonC
06-14-2010, 03:30 PM
I found that if I emailed photos to myself they were adequately reduced on our old powerbook, so here are 3.
Jon

Warren
06-14-2010, 03:31 PM
LOL Jon, never mind. They are great. Nice fish too

Satisfaction
06-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Wow nice fish makes my recent small-mouth exercise on the lake feel less than adequate.