Has anybody tried Cabela's flats boots? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Has anybody tried Cabela's flats boots?

Quentin
06-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Anybody try Cabela's flats boots? If so, please post pros and cons. I was planning to get some but didn't see them mentioned in this thread http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=28144 so I thought I should ask first.

Thanks,

Q

Eric
06-12-2010, 10:26 AM
I don't have the "flats boots" per se, but I have been using the brown, felt bottomed booties Cabela's sells for years, and they are similar enough that I think my comments would apply to the "flats". I bought the the booties originally for rafting, but have used them every time I went to the Florida or the tropics and they work fine. One thing you need to do, though, is to wash the zippers in fresh water after each use. The salt water will cause them to freeze after a couple of days if you don't. WD-40 will unfreeze the zippers should this happen, but it's best just to avoid the problem with a daily dunking.

They are durable, reasonably priced (cheap, even), and do the job.

Hope this helps,

Eric

bonefishmon
06-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Cabela's Bone Sneaker 2 looks interesting. May get a pair for wet wading during the summer. They are neoprene lined. I'll let you know. They did not have them in the E. Hartford store so they will have to be shipped.

Phil

Tajue17
06-14-2010, 06:20 AM
can't comment on the cabelas which may be fine but if they fall through I have the ones from Bass Pro that cost 20.00,, I took them to Hawaii for bones fishing on that hard reef and then used them in the vineyard & monomoy wetwading & jetti's and they are fine with no stitching letting go so far and its been 6 months--> you need to go a 1/2 size up though so you can get them off when your feet are wet.