Weekend Fishing Reports! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Weekend Fishing Reports!

juro
06-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Hey guys - if you're like me, you trudge into work every Monday wishing you were still out there. But we can share our experiences and in a small way re-live the time on the water from the weekend.

It would be great to read the reports of people from around the globe... so here goes:

HOW WAS THE FISHING OVER THE WEEKEND?

OC
06-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Great idea, Juro. Not much going on here on the Hood River, blown out with heavy rains and snow melt. A friend got some springers on the Columbia River. Time for trout fishing.

Penguin
06-07-2010, 07:56 AM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/Phracas/P6041014.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/Phracas/P6040996.jpg

FredA
06-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Vacation fishing was fair. Ran into some friendly faces (Pete, Rooster, Walt, etc). Friday, took the wife for a ride on the flaz at low tide. Saw some suspicious lookin dudes out on the flat waiting for the advancing stripas. From the plastic pool toy anchored on a bar suspect penguin was amongst the dudes. The one blue bird day I didn't get to fish:mad: .

Gseries69
06-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Up here in Vermont we had some nasty weather coming in Sat but we got out for some smallmouth fishing before it arrived. Bass seemed to have come off their beds. We saw some still on beds but left them alone to do their thing. Poppers were working and we landed 8-10 fish up to 16 inches or so before the wind kicked up so we paddled back towards the ramp just to be on the safe side.

Before the weather, the water was like glass and you could see the bass rising from below to smash the top water flies.

On the rivers we saw sulphurs and massive brown drake hatches. No spinner falls yet from the drakes. Fished still seemed keyed in on tan and olive caddis about size 14-16.

Quentin
06-07-2010, 08:57 PM
A friend and I fished a local lake on Saturday while there was a bass tournament in progress. The bass seemed to be off the beds and in slightly deeper water, based on where we saw the bassers fishing. My friend doesn't flyfish so I was mostly using spinning gear, but I did manage to use the fly rod to get my largest carp of the year, which was probably in the 15# range and took several minutes to bring to the boat :D . It was nice to finally demonstrate why I spend so much time stalking carp with the fly rod! I also got a nice white perch on spinning gear -- my first in that lake in many, many years. Good to know they are still in there. My friend hooked and briefly battled a nice largemouth, but other than that it was all yellow perch and rock bass. We got chased off the lake by some really ugly clouds and a quick downpour, which stopped just after we finished packing up our gear and putting the boat on the car. My friend had to leave soon anyway, so I dropped him off and went back and tried for some more carp from shore without success. I was nearby when the bassers did their weigh-in, and it looked like a couple boats had their limits and caught some pretty good fish, so it seems like the post-spawn doldrums are over.

Q

PopnesetBay
06-19-2010, 07:14 PM
A little late but spent last weekend at the cottage in Mashpee with my 15 yr old grandson. At the end of a narrow sand protrusion separating a Bay from Nantucket Sound I was able to put him into a very active bevy of "schoolies" and he landed his first stripers on popping plug and fly! Hard time getting him to quit, even after the bite had ended but I think I have added one more to the "Confirmed Striper Fishermen" fraternity. It made the long drive worthwhile. A lot of small fish action but nothing approaching keeper status.

Pete Readel
PopnesetBay