Not Sure [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Not Sure

boatdrinks
05-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi All,

I'm not on cape right now but my brother's on cape and been struggling the last two days. He parked at the refuge yesterday and walked out almost to the inlet with no luck. He's out today in the boat but hasn't found any yet. He fished the Stage inlet and ran around to the tub and has been throwing at the breaking pogies with no luck. I'm not sure what to tell him as I haven't been up in a few weeks and those are the spots I would try. Maybe run down to the rips? I usually just stick around stage this time of year or run to the mouth or bass river or herring river. Any other ideas?

juro
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
What size / draft limitations of boat?

e.g. North channel top end of Common Flats incoming, sight fishing. The crib (channel between Monomoys). Shoreline along South Monomoy heading toward rip. Bird activity off end of shoreline flats on Nantucket Sound heading west.

jimS
05-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Big tides beginning tomorrow. Southside with running tides should produce. Ditto bayside. Today, lots of fresh fish up to mid 30s on southside. Low light best.

boatdrinks
05-26-2010, 07:51 PM
awesome thanks guys. I'll let you know how he does. It's 26' wa so it's not going to get up on the flats or anything like that but awesome in the rips.