RIP TRIP SIGN-UP THREAD - Sunday, May 30 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: RIP TRIP SIGN-UP THREAD - Sunday, May 30


striblue
05-24-2010, 11:33 AM
We are looking to set up another Rip Trip for Sunday, since Monday is a holiday....Tides are better than this past weekend... and I am hopeful fish will be more and bigger on average. Please SIGN ON here..... need 12 . The usual sign on rules. Fist come first serve... Only sign on if you know you can make it. Jim Simms and I are one and two...I will standby and can drop out if necessary and can not make it since Simms will be scout master as Keith needs.

flyflicker
05-25-2010, 01:32 PM
So, seeing that I'm not so well informed as some, or most of you, can I get some details on the Rip Trip(s)
Times, destination, cost... those types of things.

Thanks a lot

saltfly
05-25-2010, 02:18 PM
John,I'll go.

jimS
05-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Bill, the Fly Flicker, do a search in the archives on previous rip trips, i.e last Saturday. The trip is to the rip at the tip of S. Monomoy. The fishing can be epic. We leave from the refuge headquarters in the a.m. for a 20-30 minute trip to the dropoff. Pickup in the late p.m. Cost is $60 or 50 depending on the number of participants. Fire away if you have other questions.

polareyez
05-26-2010, 05:29 PM
John,

Put me down as a definite for Sunday.

Thanks

striblue
05-27-2010, 09:48 PM
OK....If we don't get 12 guys we will go with 6....as I mentioed in the Rip Trip report... keith can take 6 in the smaller boat and the cost is the same...$50 each.... I am thinking only 6 guys on the Rip at the best monthly tide.... and it maybe memorable>>>.My son will make it 6.... and I need to hear from Flyflicker if he is in...his post was only a question. Also... If my son can not go...we need an alternate or two if flyflicker does not respond... Right now, me, Simms, Gary, and saltfly.

striblue
05-28-2010, 08:18 AM
OK, Simms called me this morning, Friday, and said that Art will go...so we have 6...me, Simms, My son, Gary, saltfly and Art. Not hearing from flyflicker, he has to be on standby which does work. Art has no internet but is fishing with Simms this morning. I will be on the Cape on Saturday and finalize with Keith and will have a blackberry...so expect a post sometime Saturday night with a "go or no go".... or if no internet access over the weekend...call the Rip Ryder.

jimS
05-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Spoke to Keith today regarding weather for Sunday trip. He has some concern about the forecast, west wind 20-25kts. He will have a more accurate forecast Saturday afternoon. I'll post his decision.

jimS
05-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Spoke to Capt. Keith. His weather sources are calling for 15-20kt west winds on Sunday. West facing shoreline makes it tough for landing/pickup with that kind of wind/direction.

polareyez
05-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the update Jim, and thanks John for trying.

saltfly
05-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Spoke to Capt. Keith. His weather sources are calling for 15-20kt west winds on Sunday. West facing shoreline makes it tough for landing/pickup with that kind of wind/direction.I'm taking this as a No Go? Oh well,I'm ready to make the run at anytime.

juro
05-30-2010, 06:21 AM
The best things are the hardest to attain, but much more worthwhile. With the activity I've seen lately on the outside the rip must be blowing up.

Thanks John I should be able to make the next one.